PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 09:50 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone won't start-no bootloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickwheeler View Post
Bump... Anybody...? Bueller...? Bueller...? Anybody...?
see if you can get into bootloader mode, if not

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
This state is called download mode, i have 2 devices stuck in it and am working on a solution. It appears that the new GPS radios are protected from overwrite and some attempts to revert can cause this situation. My signature shows the way it happened for me.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

iceblue is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to iceblue Send a message via MSN to iceblue Send a message via Yahoo to iceblue

ImCokeMan already answered it for you. His phone is bricked end of story. The causes are RED light means battery is dead or device is bricked. If the device will try and load new drivers when you put the battery in, then the phone is in download mode. This is a base level EEProm flash to flash a core system boot loader, note the J-tags also need replaced on the ROM. The only people with a way to fix this right now is HTC until a few kind people I asked to try and get one from HTC come through "doubtful" or ImCokeMan figure it out. So till then the device is bricked. The other options is RED light and no drivers try to load then the ROM fried and the phone is a paper weight.

Repeat because it seems to be needed, there is NO BOOT LOADER on his phone anymore!

As stated flashing 3.35 with 2.4SPL and Special_4350.nbh or flashing 3.35 to 3.27 can/will cause bricking.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Lurker

willynikes is a n00b

ugly please someone figure this out i dont think i have a way to replace device
Old 04-08-2008, 02:22 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by willynikes View Post
ugly please someone figure this out i dont think i have a way to replace device
do you have TEP or ESRP? wait, what carrier did you say you where with? can you hold down power+camera+voice record and reset to get to BOOTLOADER? what steps did you take to get where you are? and um, there was something else i was gonna ask but i forgot...
Old 04-08-2008, 04:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: Verizon

madman34 is a n00b

Quote:
This state is called download mode, i have 2 devices stuck in it and am working on a solution. It appears that the new GPS radios are protected from overwrite and some attempts to revert can cause this situation. My signature shows the way it happened for me.
Hey Coke,,,,,,,I posted on XDA an idea a little while back to fix this stuff, long before soooooo many people are reporting this. I will sum it up real quick but maybe go look at "The JTAG Project" thread of mine and tell me what you think. In a nutshell, I know that Shadowmite and some others are working on this issue but some proprietary info is needed to get in the way they want, and i am looking for it thru old Qualcomm contacts myself, but I feel that maybe JTAGging might be the answer to getting at least a good bootloader on the thing. I have JTAGed air cards, satellite receivers, car engine control processors, phones, lots of stuff, and have the software and hardware to do it reliably. I feel like the 6800 should also have a JTAG interface as almost everything else I have opened up does, even XM radios Anyway, if we read a total image out of a good working one and then dump it into a bricked one it should bring it back. I do not have a bricked one to open up and probe, and mine is not yet broken (give it time and i bet i will. If anyone has one that can not be replaced under warranty or otherwise fixed, take a look inside for JTAG interface. I have been dying to try, but i am not going to kill mine just to fix it.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry

cktwo45 is a n00b

My phone was dead, too after downgrade from radio 3.35 to 3.27 . Anybody know what can I do ? Or just throught it directly to the trash
Old 06-19-2008, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro on VZW

bmb2n is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I have successfully reverted back to stock rom after upgrade to 3.39 and 3.35 ROM many times. This seems like a rare case.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Lurker

aestud412 is a n00b

I bought a 6800 that had this prob, and after several hard resets and a different fully charged battery(battery didnt seem to charge in the phone) i got bootloader to come up, so after 3 hours of nothing i put the stock rom on the sd card but it wouldnt run the grey screen would just pop up and go away but when i ran the installer on my desktop it took 15 minutes but then finally it started the install process. so now My wife has a 30 dollar 6800 that works great. if you need more details pm me
Old 10-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: bell

spuzzum is a n00b

I don't know if it is the same, but i've flashed my touch radio from 3.35 to 1.59 back and forth a whole bunch of times without a problem. Had a problem once but still had usb connection and was able to bring back with the mtty and getspc and other programs. Just been lucky i guess.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR
Carrier: VZW

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmb2n View Post
I have successfully reverted back to stock rom after upgrade to 3.39 and 3.35 ROM many times. This seems like a rare case.
Quote:
Maybe a little bit off topic but i flashed from juicy 2.5 to 2.6
The HTC Diamond Screen comes on for a sec. then the phone turns off.
It does this over and over... will not boot..... BRICKED ???????????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan