PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Keyboard backlight not turning on after upgrade (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20812)

ppc-mogul 03-11-2008 07:29 AM

Keyboard backlight not turning on after upgrade

Anyone having keyboard backlight issues after the upgrade yesterday? My keyboard backlight doesn't want to turn on anymore... every once in a while it will do it but 90% of the time it will not turn on when I slide it...

tech 03-11-2008 07:36 AM

Re: Keyboard backlight not turning on after upgrade

well mine takes a while to turn on

schettj 03-11-2008 08:09 AM

did you uncheck the the light sensor setting - that thing seems to be pretty flaky.

tivoboy 03-11-2008 08:18 AM

Where is the light sensor setting :-)

swizza 03-11-2008 08:35 AM

Start>Settings>Buttons>Backlight>Uncheck Sensor

stacia52 03-12-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppc-mogul (Post 211443)
Anyone having keyboard backlight issues after the upgrade yesterday? My keyboard backlight doesn't want to turn on anymore... every once in a while it will do it but 90% of the time it will not turn on when I slide it...

I have been having the same issue. I had already unselected the option for the backlight sensor, and I've soft reset a few times, but it still doesn't come on like it used to. With the previous ROM it used to take about 5 seconds to come on after I slid out the keyboard, but now it never comes on. Has anyone else seen this after the upgrade?

HobbesIsReal 03-12-2008 12:21 PM

I have this problem as well. I have looked in the Reg and made any changes that traditionally would help. Nothing. I have flipped the Sensor check box on and off. Nothing.

Here is what happens:

When the phone is plugged in...All the hardward lights work just fine, including the keyboard. When it is running off the battery, none of them work, except for my LEDs.

This is what led me to browse the Reg, because it sounds like it might be setting somewhere.....but I am only guessing and I have not found anything yet.

neodorian 03-12-2008 12:24 PM

Yeah, it takes a little longer even though one of the first things I always do is unckeck the auto-light sensor. It would be cool if someone came up with a fix but I will deal for the time being as so far the new ROM is good overall.

HobbesIsReal 03-19-2008 03:47 PM

Bump....

Is this a general problem or only unique to a few of us? I still cannot figure out how to get my lights when it is not plugged in. This goes for the Keyboard lights and the button lights on the front.

mem_reddog 03-19-2008 03:53 PM

I had this problem after the no2chem upgrade, it worked perfectly after the sprint 3.35 upgrade, but unchecking the sensor fixed the problem for me. Now it comes on immediately after sliding out the keyboard even when there is plenty of light, but I can live with extra battery hit.