PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: exHTC PPC-6800 user. samsung M900 now!
Carrier: sprint

vwracing is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
so my HTC 6800 story

So check this out. My original titan froze up one day so I took it into the ALLTEL store.
So they gave me a loaner.

Well 4 days later my replacement phone shows up so what the heck I power on the broken one. It works fine after sleeping for 4 days. So I decide to keep it and tutnrr the loaner back in. and was planning on sending the replacement back.

Well I had like 7 days to send the broken one in once I got the replacement and wouldn’t you know in that time frame the original (og) one froze up again. So I was pissed and activated the replacement. Well that didn’t work and it took ALLTEL 2 days to get the replacement serial number to where it matched their networks serial numbers. idk what was going on? So I thought everything was ok. Till Feb. 29th I go to turn on my phone and take it out of my pocket and it is frozen on a black screen so I reset it. And it freezes on the all tell boot up screen.

Same thing loaner phone while I wait for the replacement to arrive.

Well 4 days later because of the weekend new phone #3. This one works perfectly and so I send og phone #1 and replacement phone#2 back to ALLTEL. And keep the #3 phone.

well march 7th this past Friday I drive into town to see my buddies band play and leave my phone in my truck so it doesn’t get lost while im at the concert. Since everyone I knew was going to be there no one would need to call me. So in an extra pair of jeans it sat in my truck between the 2 front seats.

30 minutes into the show my buddy tells me someone has broken into my truck.
Well I go outside and sure enough the window is smashed in and everything is everywhere.
But my wallet wasn’t found thank goodness. But guess what was found and taken?
My phone!!!! damit it all to hell...
Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge
Carrier: Sprint

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work
Re: so my HTC 6800 story

oh that sucks!
good luck on another replacement if thats possible.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started

It's ok, it'll just freeze up on them. Yay for karma!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

unless you reported it stolen, that thing will be as useful and as entertaining as a brick. +1 for the sentiment on karma.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 03-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
unless you reported it stolen, that thing will be as useful and as entertaining as a brick. +1 for the sentiment on karma.
Thats not true. It is useful to sell on craigslist as the recipient will get screwed. I don't condone or do it but we all know it happens.

Sorry to the poor sole that bought it.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post
Thats not true. It is useful to sell on craigslist as the recipient will get screwed. I don't condone or do it but we all know it happens.

Sorry to the poor sole that bought it.
yea, but it's still stolen property, and it takes one time for that ESN to get dirty, and then it's rendered unusable, but whoever buys that kind of stuff and tries to activate it on their account will have it suspended because of the fact that it's fraudulent.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: exHTC PPC-6800 user. samsung M900 now!
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

vwracing is a n00b

yeah they(alltel) said that if some one trys to activate it; the serial number from that phone will give a warning pop up to the alltel rep.

it'll make a good paper weight.

ill have a new htc 6800 in 30 days for free...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan