PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

RmiXDflavoR is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Save all data on SDcard???

Hey was just wondering if any of you have like some tips or ideas on how to place all the program memory on the SDcard.I do install all my programs,music,fotos,ect. on the card,but some of these programs create folders on the actual phone, is theyre a way to make the default to the SDcard? Also can I copy the Themes folder off from the phone over to the SDcard or will they not work well?? Sorry for the long post and thanks for any replies.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dcshoeco024 is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Save all data on SDcard???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RmiXDflavoR View Post
Hey was just wondering if any of you have like some tips or ideas on how to place all the program memory on the SDcard.I do install all my programs,music,fotos,ect. on the card,but some of these programs create folders on the actual phone, is theyre a way to make the default to the SDcard? Also can I copy the Themes folder off from the phone over to the SDcard or will they not work well?? Sorry for the long post and thanks for any replies.
How do you install all these programs on your SDcard? It never asks me where I want to save them so they always just go on my phones memory......could you please explain? Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Re: Save all data on SDcard???

Use either SKTools or Pocket Mechanic(Some people report problems with Pocket Mechanic), and they'll allow you to move all kinds of data from your phone's memory to the sd card.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

just cut n paste it from device to storage card through file explorer, or when installing itll ask where to install. regardless you will have a file on the device even if ya install it to the card, but its minimal. say ya install google maps on ya card, there will still be a folder in fileexplorer/device/windows/appmngr but i think only for the icon of the app.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

when your installing the application it should ask you if you want to install on the Device, or Sd card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcshoeco024 View Post
How do you install all these programs on your SDcard? It never asks me where I want to save them so they always just go on my phones memory......could you please explain? Thanks
Old 04-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Applications that must run on startup should be installed to the device. Some can also run from the SD card. You can save alot of device memory by keeping photos, music on the SD card.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

I'm workin on this also... They screwed the phone up with no way to allocate program/Storage Memory... I have a small 2gb SD Card... My Storage Memory is completely empty, 156mb! My Program Memory when I clean it out constantly, I can reach 19mb... with all my stuff installed. But once I start using SMS or phone or Web, it dropps to 10mb or less. Can't listen to music half the time cause programs. It iritates me...

So programs can actually be moved without screwing things up? Like if you go into File Manager, Windows, and view by size, Go to the bottom you see all these programs that are a few MB each... Those can be moved and still work? I'm gonna try that. If I screw crap up, Can revert or just re burn rom. Never thought about that.

Anyone know how to change where the phone looks for ring tones? I always have to copy which ring tones I'm using to the windows/rings folder if I wanna use them.

~Joshua A. Gray

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan