PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Bigtime2269 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket Caster Video

I am new to this and downloaded a program called Comvu Pocket Caster. I can use it and do live video feed to my computer but others cant watch it on their pocket pc. Is there software I need? If any one could help thatd be great.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Foreverunstopable is a n00b
Re: Pocket Caster Video

I have PCV also. Basically if your on REV A it will work decent. You need to go to the site on your phone or pc. Setup an account. Set your My Live page settings. You can choose to send links to your friends via e-mail or SMS which is neat. Yes you can view live podcast on a PPC. If they are using a computer to view they need Internet Explorer. Firefox does not work properly. Then DL the software which is free onto your PPC. PCV Once you start the program go to the My Account tab, enter your user name and password. Now go to Info and enter whatever you want. Then settings, you can Stream Only which is self explanatory, Stream & Archive which will stream live and save the podcast on your My Live site for future viewing. You have 2gigs of space on there. or Save Locally which will save to a specific file on your PPC once you hit set folder on the bottom. Next you can share or not share your GPS location. GPS is pretty neat, like today I was sailing and pod casted my live feed and location to my family, the link they receive shows your video and location via Google Earth maps. The followed me sailing for 20 min or so in the Gulf. Next you have the option to stream a locally saved video. The only videos you can upload are ones saved through the PCV record locally setting. YOU CANT UPLOAD VIDEOS RECORDED THROUGH ANY OTHER APPLICATION. Found this out the hard way. Last on this tab is KBPS. if you have 2+ bars constant and don't fall to 1X use 300kbps if you have the 3.35ROM if not you have to use a lower setting. Its based on your upload speeds not download. Now go to Live cast tab. You click start, its take less than 5 secs to load, then open the sidebar for contacts and select either a group or an individual and then hit share. It will immediately send an SMS or e-mail to your user group. They click the link... IF THEY DON'T HAVE INTERNET EXPLORER THEY NEED TO GET IT OR CUT AND PASTE THE LINK... another find it out the hard way. Then your good to go.

Think of the possibilities. At a concert? Stream it to your friends. See a building burning down or other news stream it and send a link to the News, having a really good one night stand...... want to remember it for ever

Another really cool option is to post the videos strait to you tube or a blog or my space or whatever. Tibetan monks are using it to take video of them being killed and it posts strait to you tube ect. I like it because I can now take 2gigs of video, save them via the internet online and not use up my memory card. Its like 9hrs or so on 300kbps. Good luck.

Ziped .exe loader for PCV WM6 phones
Attached Files
File Type: zip PocketCasterSetupMobile5PPC.zip (716.7 KB, 70 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Foreverunstopable; 03-24-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

skilledone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverunstopable View Post
I have PCV also. Basically if your on REV A it will work decent. You need to go to the site on your phone or pc. Setup an account. Set your My Live page settings. You can choose to send links to your friends via e-mail or SMS which is neat. Yes you can view live podcast on a PPC. If they are using a computer to view they need Internet Explorer. Firefox does not work properly. Then DL the software which is free onto your PPC. PCV Once you start the program go to the My Account tab, enter your user name and password. Now go to Info and enter whatever you want. Then settings, you can Stream Only which is self explanatory, Stream & Archive which will stream live and save the podcast on your My Live site for future viewing. You have 2gigs of space on there. or Save Locally which will save to a specific file on your PPC once you hit set folder on the bottom. Next you can share or not share your GPS location. GPS is pretty neat, like today I was sailing and pod casted my live feed and location to my family, the link they receive shows your video and location via Google Earth maps. The followed me sailing for 20 min or so in the Gulf. Next you have the option to stream a locally saved video. The only videos you can upload are ones saved through the PCV record locally setting. YOU CANT UPLOAD VIDEOS RECORDED THROUGH ANY OTHER APPLICATION. Found this out the hard way. Last on this tab is KBPS. if you have 2+ bars constant and don't fall to 1X use 300kbps if you have the 3.35ROM if not you have to use a lower setting. Its based on your upload speeds not download. Now go to Live cast tab. You click start, its take less than 5 secs to load, then open the sidebar for contacts and select either a group or an individual and then hit share. It will immediately send an SMS or e-mail to your user group. They click the link... IF THEY DON'T HAVE INTERNET EXPLORER THEY NEED TO GET IT OR CUT AND PASTE THE LINK... another find it out the hard way. Then your good to go.

Think of the possibilities. At a concert? Stream it to your friends. See a building burning down or other news stream it and send a link to the News, having a really good one night stand...... want to remember it for ever

Another really cool option is to post the videos strait to you tube or a blog or my space or whatever. Tibetan monks are using it to take video of them being killed and it posts strait to you tube ect. I like it because I can now take 2gigs of video, save them via the internet online and not use up my memory card. Its like 9hrs or so on 300kbps. Good luck.
Posting that I've used it successfully with firefox just fine, viewed my self and everything!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Foreverunstopable is a n00b

What settings? I havent been able to get it to work with Firefox.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:16 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I don't see anything on the site about how much it costs... It says the free beta expires in 2007???
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 05-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

right. How much is it? It says i'm on a free trial...how long how much?

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The archiving feature is kind of neat I guess, but otherwise is this so different from AtekSoft's webcamera plus?
http://mobile-enthusiast.blogspot.co...teresting.html

Atek's is a standard video stream, can be captured and re-broadcast as a webcam, or saved locally by someone on the PC.
I've used this as a makeshift baby monitor before.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan