PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NighthawkIX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RAM Low...

Hello all,

this is my first post, and I just got the Mogul 2 days ago, so please bear with the noob for a sec...

I've been noticing that my Mogul runs pretty slowly and I figure that might be because the RAM is running low. I know it comes with 64MB of RAM, a bit of which is dedicated to WM6, so I have about ~47 MB left for programs. However, I constantly only have about 19-20MB of RAm available; but if I run the mogul for over 30 minutes, I'm down to ~15 MB of RAM...

I checked the task manger and there are no active programs running either...

The list of programs I have installed:
Spb Mobile Shell
Audio Manager
Google Maps
Vicsoft clearTemp, Vicsoft UPX4PPC
Resco Explorer (w/ registry/ftp)
Ilium Soft eWallet
TNT Task Manger (Xbutton 2)
Jorrit WMWifiRouter
RvBCrS HTC Streaming Media
Macromedia Flash Player ActiveX

Because it was running slow, I even went ahead and installed the UPX4PPC to compress some of my programs (like googlemap, audiomanager, etc). When that didn't help, I used some of the registry tweak .cabs listed on the sticky. That also didn't help, and it even feels like it's eating up more Ram now. (is there a way to rollback the registry tweaks, they don't seem to help...) But anyhow, if someone can help me eat up less RAM, make this thing run faster, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long post,

-NighthawkIX
(2nd day out in the wild...)
Old 03-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RAM Low...

most of us are all suffering with the low ram issue It just seems to be the nature of this beast.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan