PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

ppc-mogul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email Usage on Mogul

I am currently a blackberry user and just ordered a Mogul to use on sprint... I am just wondering how the email experience is compared to other types of devices. I get a lot of emails and need the ability to delete them quickly by going down the list in the inbox...

When I was using a Treo I hated the way Versamail handled email but Chattermail worked great on the Treo... Blackberry handles it very well as I can hit the delete key on in the inbox...

If anyone else has switched from a Blackberry to the Mogul I would be very interested in hearing your opinion...

[[ppc-mogul]]]
Old 03-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Re: Email Usage on Mogul

use mail2web you will love

Old 03-02-2008, 12:50 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

If thats all you worried about, yeah its is the better as far as cost, HTML display, options go, lack of outages etc.

You can delete a group of messages by simply dragging your stylus down the list of them as they highlight and simply hit delete.

Hell you can delete faster than you can find the button for compose

Are you hooking up to your company's exchange server or you own personal email?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ppc-mogul is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
If thats all you worried about, yeah its is the better as far as cost, HTML display, options go, lack of outages etc.

You can delete a group of messages by simply dragging your stylus down the list of them as they highlight and simply hit delete.

Hell you can delete faster than you can find the button for compose

Are you hooking up to your company's exchange server or you own personal email?
I am looking to do both... 1 account I will use activesync on to an Exchange mailbox and a personal account using IMAP/POP... I prefer to not have to use a stylus to have to delete emails and I am hoping I can slide the keyboard out and just hit the delete key to delete an email in the main inbox just by looking at the from/subject...

I am just hoping it is nothing like the iPhone where you can only delete one email at a time...

[[ppc-mogul]]
Old 03-02-2008, 10:49 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc-mogul View Post
I am looking to do both... 1 account I will use activesync on to an Exchange mailbox and a personal account using IMAP/POP... I prefer to not have to use a stylus to have to delete emails and I am hoping I can slide the keyboard out and just hit the delete key to delete an email in the main inbox just by looking at the from/subject...

I am just hoping it is nothing like the iPhone where you can only delete one email at a time...

[[ppc-mogul]]
You can use the hard keys to do it, but thats going to be slower and yes it'll be 1 by 1 using that method. The stylus can do it quicker than any method on any other device, hands down. You can always use your finger too BTW. It allows you to literally swipe down your list of emails and delete large groups of messages.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

skny is a n00b

I was a Blackberry user for 5+ years. I've had my Mogul for about a month now. There is a huge difference in these devices.

If email is your primary basis for having a device - you may want to stick with the blackberry. The Mogul is "cumbersome", comparatively speaking. Its bigger, get's hotter, and does not response to buttons & clicks as quickly as a Blackberry. The Blackberry is just quick & does what is expected most of the time. The Mogul is still somewhat buggy - regardless of those of you who have "mostly" good experiences.

Don't get me wrong - I like my Mogul, but honestly, the honeymooon has worn off. Its great that it has GPS, a big display and can do "so much more" than a Blackberry, since it has Windows Mobile on it - but, for someone who needs to rely on quick, instant & easy to manage email - I'd stick with a Blackberry...the Mogul simply has a bunch of "extra crap" that I don't think most people will find they "need". Fun to play around with & tinker with, yeah - but its already gotten old for me.

At least with a Blackberry, sure, it may have "gotten old" - but I knew I could always depend on it & it was so stupid simple to use straight out of the box with no "hacking" or firmware upgrades required for basic functions.

However, yes, you can select & delete multiple emails.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ppc-mogul is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skny View Post
I was a Blackberry user for 5+ years. I've had my Mogul for about a month now. There is a huge difference in these devices.

If email is your primary basis for having a device - you may want to stick with the blackberry. The Mogul is "cumbersome", comparatively speaking. Its bigger, get's hotter, and does not response to buttons & clicks as quickly as a Blackberry. The Blackberry is just quick & does what is expected most of the time. The Mogul is still somewhat buggy - regardless of those of you who have "mostly" good experiences.

Don't get me wrong - I like my Mogul, but honestly, the honeymooon has worn off. Its great that it has GPS, a big display and can do "so much more" than a Blackberry, since it has Windows Mobile on it - but, for someone who needs to rely on quick, instant & easy to manage email - I'd stick with a Blackberry...the Mogul simply has a bunch of "extra crap" that I don't think most people will find they "need". Fun to play around with & tinker with, yeah - but its already gotten old for me.

At least with a Blackberry, sure, it may have "gotten old" - but I knew I could always depend on it & it was so stupid simple to use straight out of the box with no "hacking" or firmware upgrades required for basic functions.

However, yes, you can select & delete multiple emails.
Thanks for the overview of your experience... that's how it was with the iPhone... only took a month for me to run back to the Blackberry but my current plan is to lower my monthly cell expenses and the Blackberry is a costly device so I thought the Mogul + Sprint Sero would be the best bargain out there at $30/month for 500min+unlimited everything else.. I am paying more than double that for my blackberry (and doesn't include unlimited sms)... I am hoping the mogul serves my needs.. and I know it is a larger device but from looking at comparisons on the web it seems to be about the same size as a Treo and when I owned a Treo the size didn't really bother me....

[[ppc-mogul]]
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

Zackb911 is a n00b

I agree with the last two posts.

I came from a Blackberry on T-Mobile for the same reasons, $ero... My experience was the same, my Tmobile Curve & Pearl Blackberry's were, IMO, hands down Awesome phones in comparison to my Mogul. **BUT** for the SERO price ($30) you just can't beat it. I just wish Sprint had the 9.99$ Blackberry email add on like T-Mobile has, then I'd be rocking a BB again and in heaven on Sprint!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

SyXbiT is a n00b

couldn't agree with you more skny.
the mogul if cool, and has a great keyboard, but i'm tired of it.
i can't depend on it. it crashes, lags, and needs resetting.

seriously, right when i need it, like when i'm adding a hot girls # to my contacts, and it'll crash..... embarrassing

i'm definitely getting android ASAP (or, if i'm required to use exchange for work, and android can't do it, i'll get a BB)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan