PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djfujiyama is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Experiences with refurbs?

The blue LED on my mogul is stuck on (hard reset wont fix it...looks like a hardware issue) and the "down" arrow key also sometimes engages the center button. Minor problems in terms of most PPC issues, but still annoying.

I have insurance on the phone and local sprint store said they'd take a look at it and either fix or replace it free of charge though the replacement would be a refurb. It's unlikely they'll be able to fix it so i'm wondering if it's worth it to get a previously-broken phone with possibly more issues just to fix a stuck LED and a finicky button.

The last time around they gave me a brand new apache (6700) but no can do this time.

Anyone have any experiences with refurbs? What's the quality like?
Old 03-01-2008, 06:28 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Re: Experiences with refurbs?

I've not had a refurb 6800 yet (keeping mine even with the white spot, s key missing because I don't want to deal with the issues) but I went through absolute hell with refurb 6700s and that's how I ended up getting the 6800 in the first place...
Old 03-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
I've not had a refurb 6800 yet (keeping mine even with the white spot, s key missing because I don't want to deal with the issues) but I went through absolute hell with refurb 6700s and that's how I ended up getting the 6800 in the first place...
I don't know, but when I get a new phone because of the white spots, they are giving me a new phone. I will raise hell until they do, I paid for a new phone that didn't work right, so I expect a new phone that does work right.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:35 AM
N00b

bsgjunkie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfujiyama View Post
The blue LED on my mogul is stuck on (hard reset wont fix it...looks like a hardware issue) and the "down" arrow key also sometimes engages the center button. Minor problems in terms of most PPC issues, but still annoying.

I have insurance on the phone and local sprint store said they'd take a look at it and either fix or replace it free of charge though the replacement would be a refurb. It's unlikely they'll be able to fix it so i'm wondering if it's worth it to get a previously-broken phone with possibly more issues just to fix a stuck LED and a finicky button.

The last time around they gave me a brand new apache (6700) but no can do this time.

Anyone have any experiences with refurbs? What's the quality like?
I've had nothing but problems with 6800 refurbs. I had my 6700 for 18 months and then the usb input jack started acting up. I took it in and they replaced it with a refurb 6800. I wasn't too excited in the first place since I was happy with my 6700 and I didn't want to purchase a new SD card. I finally took it home, but two days later I was back because the wifi didn't work. They gave me another refurb. A week later I was back because the usb input power jack was very sensitive, to the point where if a table was bumped during a sync it would disconnect. They agreed the input jack was faulty and gave me a 3rd 6800. Needless to say two days later I brought that one back because it froze during its first hard reset. Now I've had my 4th refurb for about two months now. Its working fine, but I swear the input jack on this one isn't perfect. In my case, I got the manager involved on the 3rd try. He's been helpful and makes sure I get taken care of ASAP when I walk in, but its getting out of hand. He claims the insurance group makes them give refurbs only now (they use to be allocated a few new ones a month to give away under the insurance plans). He did say he'd eat the cost of a new phone if I had a problem with this one. The 6800 has been nice, but the only "upgrade" for me was lack of an antenna.

Long story short, stay the F#$# away from refurbs. Run and don't look back if they want to give you a refurb.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:32 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I haven't had a refurb Mogul yet but I have had many refurb 6700's, Moto Q's, and a couple of 700WX's most of these refurbs' are a brand new PPC that some bewb has returned because they don't know how to use them. I haven't had to return any of my refurbs', they have all been solid replacements. My family is hard on PPC's that's why most of them have been replaced, so if you are hanging on because of your fear of a refurb your in for a long hard road. Most of the time that's what your going to get from Sprint. Good luck, MHO go for it what do you have to loose if the one you get is a POS just take it back.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

weird... I have a sprint 6800 refurb (exchange for dead 6700) and its been perfect. Guess its a crapshoot.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G and Treo Pro

xdalaw is becoming a great contributor

I have a refurb Mogul, which replaced a used one I bought on craigslist. No problems at all. Only difference from new is that it came in a small white box with only the unit--no battery or extras.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:12 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

my 6700's usb jack broke 6mo in (always seemed not right). unfortunalty my replacement 6700's joystick stopped working inside 2 weeks. this time I went to the store, on my way home, and they replaced it with the mogul (NIB).
The mogul rocks!!!! I do actually miss the antenna, amazing how much an inch makes in BFE.

Last edited by shaggylive; 05-28-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:15 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

scoobydoo where are you

Last edited by shaggylive; 05-28-2009 at 03:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan