PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Lurker

rhymenoceros is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ridiculous

the moguls given me nothing but headaches since i bought it.

typically, when trying to tether to my laptop and piggyback off the internet (i live in a rural area where on satellite internet is available and that runs slower than 56k, so this is my only alternative) the phone occasionally corrupts my data account and has to be completely reset and then i have to restore everything from backup software i had to pay for out of my own pocket since activesync absolutely sucks for backing up your phone.

well, today, the phone, for no reason at all, started popping up with error code 67, registration failure and would not allow me to make any calls. i had to once again restore from a backup.

since i've had the phone (about 2 months now) i've had to restore the phone atleast once every 2 weeks.

is anyone else having these sorts of issues or should i try to get sprint to swap my phone...and if thats the case...will they swap it?

kind of sucks to have spent $500 for this thing just to have it end up causing so many problems.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic
Re: ridiculous

uhmmm did you really pay $500 or are you just typing up the msrp?

also have you flashed a new rom or is this the stock rom? and why dont you use pim backup? its free and it works.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rhymenoceros is a n00b

i paid full price at a sprint store as i've only been into my sprint contract for a year and didn't qualify for any discounts on the phone. this is besides the point.

latest rom.

i was recommended sprite backup by a sprint employee.

its just been a huge pain. i've spent atleast 15 hours on the phone with sprint and i even drove 30 miles to my closest sprint store and had them look at it for an hour just to have them tell me they couldn't figure it out and hand me a phone number for pcs vision customer support. after being transferred up once through this number, i finally got a guy that told me the only thing i could do is restore the phone to factory default.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I would try and swap the phone and tell them about the error 67, I get that when I tether my phone to my laptop after I remove it from the usb port I can make calls. I would also check your log in and password with Sprint, I heard they had people change them for some reason.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 02-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

well first of all, if you flashed a rom that hasnt been officially released why are you complaining? you did read where it said this might mess up your phone right?

just like everyone else you wanted to jump into the rev-a/gps friendzy.

did this happen before you flashed it?
Old 02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rhymenoceros is a n00b

well, my login works fine after i restore the phone. the sprint rep who told me to factory restore my phone told me that for some reason my pcs vision account had been corrupted and the only way to fix this is to restore it.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rhymenoceros is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98classic View Post
well first of all, if you flashed a rom that hasnt been officially released why are you complaining? you did read where it said this might mess up your phone right?

just like everyone else you wanted to jump into the rev-a/gps friendzy.

did this happen before you flashed it?

lemme clarify: latest official release. i don't have the hacked rom.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymenoceros View Post
lemme clarify: latest official release. i don't have the hacked rom.
ahhh ok, well lets see then...

i'm assumig you're connecting through usb and running internet sharing. do you open pie to make a connection before?

also did sprint ever tell you that it would be an extra $40 for tethering? dont think it is but thats what they told me in store when i asked them why it asked me for my login info every time i tried to run internet sharing.

what i did, flashed dcd 1.7.0 and internet sharing works without having to open a connection with pie.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rhymenoceros is a n00b

i don't have to open pie. just open internet sharing, select Sprint PCS as the network connection and connect. it works fine...just occasionally it seems to glitch and cause the errors.

i've told countless sprint reps that i've been tethering and i've never been told i'd have to pay an additional $40/mo for it.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rhymenoceros is a n00b

i should also note that today when this occured, my phone wasn't tethered at all, just idle in my pocket. i pulled it out and noticed the bombardment of code 67 errors that make it impossible to do anything with the phone at the rate they popup. i tried to dial out to sprint customer service and the phone threw an error that outgoing calls could not be made. today is the first time its ever done this sort of thing without being tethered.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan