PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800-> Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

freegood is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help on Sprint return and HTC warranty

I took my phone to the Sprint store to get it replaced for one that doesn't have white spots.

The sales rep said that since I've owned it past the 30 day trial (5 months), I'll have to return it through HTC to use its 1 year hardware warranty. Is that my only option and is Sprint really unhelpful on this?

There's supposedly a 10 day wait on getting a replacement, so I'm not looking forward to this option.

What are your experiences on returns past the 30 day trial and without the comprehensive Sprint warranty?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Need help on Sprint return and HTC warranty

go to another store near you.... people have had phone swapped by sprint for much less. and be persistent....

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

PynkFloydd is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to PynkFloydd

I had to email E-care and get them to agree that I wouldn't get charged for this. ...not as easy as it sounds! You pay $50 for the exchange and they credit you.

They tried to tell me to contact HTC. HTC told me they offered no support because they just built the phone...it was Sprint's baby. They also said that Sprint was responsible for all ROM development.

Anyway...I went to a Sprint store, they charged me $50 for the replacement and I email the receipt and the credit showed up on my next bill.

Just be persistent and you'll get it
Old 02-28-2008, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

trim81 is a n00b

better yet to email them.

you get the phone SENT TO YOU and you save gas....

email ecare, and tell them your problems. they will send you a return kit (phone and ups return label for old defective phone)
Old 02-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800

Llaco4life is a n00b

If you don't have what they call TEP or ESRP you should be able to pay $55.00 to get your screen replaced(most likely they would replace the phone) you have to make sure that the store you got to is a repair center and just tell them you want it repaired and if you got TEP or ESRP the repair is free.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800-> Diamond
Threadstarter

freegood is a n00b

Thanks for the helpful responses.

I have the insurance plan where I pay 50 if the mogul is lost or stolen, but not the ESRP or the TEP.

I'm wondering is how I can replace it for free because it's covered under the 1 year hardware warranty.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

hellojenny is a n00b

lol.... that is so funny. Only because i just returned my phone not even hours ago. I called the customer service number and spoke to several supervisors finally i said send me to retention, i would like to cancel my service. (of course they ask you why) then i basically wined and complained and i got everything that i wanted.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojenny View Post
lol.... that is so funny. Only because i just returned my phone not even hours ago. I called the customer service number and spoke to several supervisors finally i said send me to retention, i would like to cancel my service. (of course they ask you why) then i basically wined and complained and i got everything that i wanted.
Magic words: "I want to cancel my contract". They will bend over backwards.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojenny View Post
ohhh, that's so gangsta! Gentlemen take note, this is how it's done!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

PynkFloydd is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to PynkFloydd

Quote:
Originally Posted by freegood View Post
Thanks for the helpful responses.

I have the insurance plan where I pay 50 if the mogul is lost or stolen, but not the ESRP or the TEP.

I'm wondering is how I can replace it for free because it's covered under the 1 year hardware warranty.

I don't have any replacement plans and they credited me.

Sometimes you have to talk to them like a 5 year old though. I told them my address in Chicago, they linked me the "nearest Sprint service facility" in umm...New Jersey. They keep trying to pawn off the blame on someone or something else. Just keep making it a point that it's their fault and you'd hate to have to cancel your contract unless they make sure to replace your phone for free.

Good luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan