PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

timewaster is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new to mogul - have some questions

just got my mogul yesterday and got a bunch of questions.

1. It looks like when you connect to the internet EVDO, you cannot receive any incoming calls. Is there a way to setup the phone so that you disconnect automatically everytime you close an app that requires the internet (i.e. IEExplorer)?

2. When installing apps, it looks like it always gets installed in the same "program" folder. is there a way to reorg your apps into different folders?

3. I installed mini-opera. but it is a pain to use. You need to bring up the java application first, then from the the java app, choose mini-opera. Is there a better way to launch it?

4. Not too happy with the default today screen. You are limited to only a few programs you can add to the start menu. Also, i would like to have a large clock displayed and better notification of missed calls. Are there better today programs? i've seen threads on something called "Ultimate Launcher", but haven't read up on it yet. Is this the best today screen by general consensus?

Last edited by timewaster; 02-28-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

cuse94 is a n00b
Re: new to mogul - have some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewaster View Post

1. It looks like when you connect to the internet EVDO, you cannot receive any incoming calls. Is there a way to setup the phone so that you disconnect automatically everytime you close an app that requires the internet (i.e. IEExplorer)?
You should be able to have a data connection open and still receive calls. Data uses EVDO while calls use 1X.

Quote:
2. When installing apps, it looks like it always gets installed in the same "program" folder. is there a way to reorg your apps into different folders?
Not sure, but I haven't seen a way to change the default install dir.

Quote:
3. I installed mini-opera. but it is a pain to use. You need to bring up the java application first, then from the the java app, choose mini-opera. Is there a better way to launch it?
haven't used

Quote:
4. Not too happy with the default today screen. You are limited to only a few programs you can add to the start menu. Also, i would like to have a large clock displayed and better notification of missed calls. Are there better today programs? i've seen threads on something called "Ultimate Launcher", but haven't read up on it yet. Is this the best today screen by general consensus?
For what you're describing, search for HTC Home. It will give you tabs, with a big clock, weather, program launcher, and contacts. All customizable with HTC Home Customizer (a separate program to search for).
Old 02-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ultimate launch is a great home screen plugin. You can use it with HTC home or SBP time and get the big clock you are looking for. Its really about personal preference but you have many choices. Look at the frequently requested programs thread in the software forum for more choices.

About OperaMini if you search around here you will find threads describing how to create shortcuts that will launch OM directly without having to open the java app first.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cuse94 is a n00b

I haven't been using HTC Home (I suggested because it's free). I have Spb Pocket Plus 4.0, Spb Time, and WeatherPanel. These work well for me.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

timewaster is just getting started

thanks for all the info.
Does leaving your phone connected to the internet EVDO drain your batteries? or is the drainage insignificant and most people just leave it on all the time?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cuse94 is a n00b

I don't mess with my connection at all. It connects when it needs to and I don't do anything to terminate the connection and haven't seen any noticeable hit to battery life.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

Look for Schapp's Advanced Configuration Tool 2.2 , it's a small app that lets you configure many user interface options includeing where apps install on default.
It'll do what you ask and much more, and it's free.

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan