PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

thunderwood73 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question 8 button comm manager bug help

i downloaded some htc 8 button comm manager and when i hit the comm manager button on the side of my mogul the comm manager does open but it is something like super imposed on my today screen. i tried to remove it from my mogul and it is still there. this is my first pocket pc/smartphone device that ive had but i have figured out most downloads and updates. if anyone has any ideas on what i need to do next that would be great. i would just do a hard reset but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my contacts to sync with my toshiba xp laptop. everything else that is important will sync with active sync but i cant figure out the contacts. ive lost all my contact information twice and i really would like to avoid that again. any help at all would be greatly appreciated. also is there any way to donate besides paypal. i dont have any credit cards due to a thrifty ex wife. lol i really enjoy this site and my phone and ive gotten most of my advice for this phone from this site. thanks
Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 8525

DrZogg is a n00b
Re: 8 button comm manager bug help

Here is what I did to correct this issue:

REMOVE THE CURRENT INSTALLATION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Select START|SETTINGS|SYSTEM|MEMORY.
2. Select the RUNNING PROGRAMS and stop all or at least the Comm Manager.
3. Select START|SETTINGS|SYSTEM|REMOVE PROGRAMS.
4. Select the comm manager in the list and remove it.

Please note! Your comm manager will still be hosed now. Don't run it though.
Go through the steps above again to insure comm manager is not running in memory. This is very important.

INSTALLING THE COMM MANAGER
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Browse to the cab file on your phone using File Explorer.
2. Run the CAB file.
3. Select INSTALL TO DEVICE. Installing to the storage card is not working for this!
4. If you get a security warning about access rights and failed installation, you forgot to shut down the comm manager running in memory. Go back to the first three steps of the removal process.
5. If you make it this far, it will install. When it finishes, restart your phone.

All should be good in comm manager land now.

Holler and let me know how it works out.

L8r
Old 04-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: 8 button comm manager bug help

Nice write up for a first post Dr Z! Welcome to the site both of ya!

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan