PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Phone freezes up at start (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19531)

mr.squonk 02-28-2008 12:22 AM

Phone freezes up at start

Sorry for the NOOB question, but I was playing around with the Ultimate Launcher, and after a reset, my Mogul is completely frozen...will not respond to anything.

I searched around and found that there is no "safe mode", unless you have specific programs installed.

Question, how can I get things working again? I can't even flash a new Rom, as my PC won't even see the crashed device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rgv_warrior 02-28-2008 12:32 AM

Re: Phone freezes up at start

Mr. Squonk,

not sure how much I can help but I have read that you can do a hard reset and it will load the original ROM. Not sure what happens afterwards like having to reenter information to make the phone connect to the network again and so forth. I'll see what I can find and hopefully someone with more experience can help out. There are a lot of smart people here.

Good luck,

RW

mr.squonk 02-28-2008 02:04 PM

RW,

Thanks!!! I found out how to hard reset (hold left and right soft keys and reset switch), and re-installed the ROM on the unit...worked like a charm!!

Thanks again!

mr. squonk

drgoff 02-28-2008 02:11 PM

My sprint mogul 6800 is stuck at the boot screen and a hard reset wont work. Any way to flash the rom considering windows doesn't even recognize the device

supdawg 02-28-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.squonk (Post 196361)
Sorry for the NOOB question, but I was playing around with the Ultimate Launcher, and after a reset, my Mogul is completely frozen...will not respond to anything.

I searched around and found that there is no "safe mode", unless you have specific programs installed.

Question, how can I get things working again? I can't even flash a new Rom, as my PC won't even see the crashed device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This happened to me doing exactly the same thing.. ultimate lancher boinked my phone, and I lost a month's worth of stuff by hard resetting. :protest:

hottieitalian82 03-14-2008 12:57 PM

My Mogul is completely frozen as well. What is the left and right soft keys??

InvincibleLiving 03-14-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hottieitalian82 (Post 217853)
My Mogul is completely frozen as well. What is the left and right soft keys??

the two buttons above the silver talk and end call buttons... welcome to the site.

CA3SAR 03-14-2008 04:35 PM

i had so many problems with this program. The after 4 hard resets and making me very mad. Real mad. I decided to doawnload spb back up and then do the ultimate launch as like my 3rd program when starting over just incase i needed a hard reset again.

Once everything works do a spb backup to storage card.

Baffles 03-14-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgv_warrior (Post 196374)
Mr. Squonk,

not sure how much I can help but I have read that you can do a hard reset and it will load the original ROM. Not sure what happens afterwards like having to reenter information to make the phone connect to the network again and so forth. I'll see what I can find and hopefully someone with more experience can help out. There are a lot of smart people here.

Good luck,

RW

Hard reset goes back to whatever rom you have flashed, just the original, just-flashed state of it. You won't have to re-enter network information or anything.

clockcycle 04-30-2008 07:41 PM

UL seems to be the issue here, but the PDA isn't usually locked up, just doesn't display, you can hit your start button, edit your today plugins, uncheck UL and soft reset. Annoying but no need for a Hard reset.

-CC