PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Lurker

dbltap is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Making sites think you're using IE desktop problems

I've done the reg edits I can find to make site think I'm using IE desktop but my work site keeps coming up with this page once I log in:

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested source /clivingston/index.php could not be found on this server.

I can get into this site using Opera Mini but it still has some trouble with it and was hoping IE would handle it better but the reg edits aren't working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

These are the reg edits I tried:

Make PIE look like version 6.0 (advert security check on websites) (Note: This can cause content problems. Esp. with video streams. You will get the following errors - Cannot play the file. The file is either corrupted or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play".)
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
- Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent \
- Change the default value from "Mozilla/2.0" to "Mozilla/4.0".
- Change the "Version" value from "MSIE 3.02" to "MSIE 6.0".
- Change the "Platform" value from "Windows CE" to "Windows NT 5.1".
- Some web sites may just compare the user agent string, but if this is not enough, browse to the Post Platform\ sub key and delete the "240x320" value that specifies screen size.

Change the 'user agent' identification of Pocket Internet Explorer
To change the 'user agent' identification of Pocket Internet Explorer, several fields need to be adjusted. The example shows how to identify as Internet Explorer 6 - desktop version
The standard compliance 'user-agent' string:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings\5.0\User Agent\(Default) = "Mozilla/4.0" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)
Defaults to "Mozilla/2.0" The application/version string:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Version = "MSIE 6.0" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

Defaults to "MSIE 4.01" The host operating system string:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Platform = "Windows NT 5.0" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

Defaults to "Windows CE" Please note that if you change the Platform string, PDA-friendly sites may stop sending you PDA-friendly content automatically. Leave this string set to "Windows CE" unless a site absolutely refuses to work, or you want the site to feed you its normal content.

and P.S. do you know how hard it is to find posts on this topic with words like "explorer" "internet" "mobile" "reg edit" and "desktop" ?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Last edited by dbltap; 02-25-2008 at 06:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan