PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC mogul
Carrier: Sprint

aseidman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable Data Connection #777

I do not have nor do I want a data plan. Sprint knows that and has disabled NAI functionality. Sprint has also blocked Pay-As-You-Go Data Access. I use WiFi to access the web and want to use GPA as a stand-a-lone. With the new Sprint ROM for Mogul installed eveytime I use GPS it tries to connect to #777. I have gone into data connections and tried changing the number, adding a user name etc. but it keeps going back to the orignial. I went into Windows and tried to delete HTC Guardian but it will not allow that. Any ideas? Thanks,
Alan

Last edited by aseidman; 06-28-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sam. Moment, HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

dc13 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Disable Data Connection #777

I've seen that also i have the 15$ data plan so i dont have to worry but ill do some looking up and maybe even contact sprint about this..
im going through the reg right nowq and it looks like they switched it to AGPS so thats data ill try a few things later today and see if i can fix this..
Old 06-28-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

aseidman is a n00b

Thank you. It is so annoying having it pop up all the time. With the previous rom we just deleted the htc guardian and that did the trick. Any help would be appreciated.
Alan
Old 06-28-2008, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ya i did see that when i did but i never thought of it but i did let it load and then got 9 connected and then turned off the data and i was still connected so idk maybe try and stop it and see how long it takes to connect to the sats.
i tried turning on the AGPA setting in the reg but nothing happened so idk ill keep trying once i get home later tonight..
Im going to try and reset my phone really fast cause i just went on to google maps and clickd gps and it found 9 thing but ill try tonight once i get home... peace man
tryt going out side and not lettting it connect to Sprint PCS and see if it works...
Old 06-28-2008, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok so for some wierd reason i can connect with out having to use the data now im not sure why but i left a message with a friend at sprint a teir 3 tech that deals with the more harder things at sprint and he will contact me soon. but i hope that maybe just letting it try to connct worked and once you connect the first time the next times are very fast and simple. i hope..
Old 06-29-2008, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok so it took 2min to get a connection to the GPS's out side when not connected to the data.
the reason that it try to connect to date is because its trying to use AGPS which is GPS off of cell towers. and GPS1 is satalites.
Just connect to the WIFI and then go sit by a windows for a bit and you should be able to connect to the Satalites.

if things still don't work then we will try more things.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

aseidman is a n00b

I can always get GPS to connect but #777 keeps poping up and I'd just like to disable it, if possible. I even put in another profile but now that pops up.
Alan

Last edited by aseidman; 06-29-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:35 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

i saw something like this 1 sec

Old 06-29-2008, 08:39 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

go into your settings and then connections and delete both connections, the "Sprint Data" and the "Phone as a Modem Connection", that way your phone will not be able to connect to anything but WiFi. but then instead of that box u will get a wifi box remember unlimited data is only 15 a month
Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

aseidman is a n00b

Thanks for the advice but it doesn't work since the #777 always comes back even after deleting it. Using WiFi only is not a problem, data never tried to connect. It is when I am using GPS that it always tries to data connect #777. This was also an issue with the last ROM and we just deleted HTC guardian, but in the new ROM it will not let me delete that setting. I don't use data nor any of the other data connection items from sprint. So, I don't need to spend $180 a year for the service.
Alan

Last edited by aseidman; 06-29-2008 at 09:04 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan