PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro Touch 2
Carrier: Sprint

100million is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Linking my Mogul to my Laptop for Internet Service VIA G3

Does anyone know how to link your laptop to your Mogul phone for FREE when you are wanting to use your laptop for internet service, when you are in a area with no wireless? Sprint want 39.00 a month for this service but if you just want to use your phone for Mobile internet service it is 5.00 unlimited data service.

Chris
Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Linking my Mogul to my Laptop for Internet Service VIA G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100million View Post
Does anyone know how to link your laptop to your Mogul phone for FREE when you are wanting to use your laptop for internet service, when you are in a area with no wireless? Sprint want 39.00 a month for this service but if you just want to use your phone for Mobile internet service it is 5.00 unlimited data service.

Chris
Welcome here,,, Do a search for internet sharing and/or Tethering. Search Search Search.
Its discussed HERE and how to do it. Post #12 & 14 & 18...

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-23-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tivoboy is a n00b

best option IMHO is to use pdanet. cheap enough, and works flawlessly. You can also use Bluetooth with this option, although BT is limited to about 400 kps I think.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:14 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
best option IMHO is to use pdanet. cheap enough, and works flawlessly. You can also use Bluetooth with this option, although BT is limited to about 400 kps I think.
Why pay for it? Use the free internet sharing on your phone. You can use Bluetooth with it also.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:17 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
Why are you pushing a pay app when you can just plug the thing in via USB and use internet sharing?

Edit: beat me to it.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:22 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

must be a noob thing.... lol j/k
Old 02-23-2008, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tivoboy is a n00b

I'm not pushing it, I just find it very useful. I've had it since the treo 700wx days I had, where it wasn't as easy to use, there was no internal ICS, there were a couple of hack options, but the key is flying under the radar. Not really CERTAIN that ICS won't tip off sprint at all.

I THINK that I said it was just an opinion, and that i found it cheap enough to warrant its use

It was only meant to be an alternative view "do a search" and other. I still find, that even compared to setting up ICS that pdanet is the most simple. That is, of course why/how they can manage to charge for it. I have never had a single problem with install, click, go.

thanks for the welcome though, i guess i'm only the SECOND oldest participant on this post.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro Touch 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

100million is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
must be a noob thing.... lol j/k