PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i760 broken by 6.1
Carrier: VZW

rduckwor1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry XV6800 fini!!

I love the bleeding edge, but there comes a time in every boy's life when enough is enough.

Crappy BT, partial VC functionality, neither SPB or Sprite Backup is capable of performing scheduled backups. All that, plus it feels cheap in my hand compared to my old 6700. Not solid, fragile.

I haven't tried a custom ROM as I wanted to get to know that OS and device well before trying it so as to have a base for comparison. I don't think it is worth the trouble.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. Back it goes and back to my reliable 6700 I go.

Certain accessories (case, Micro SD card) for sale in appropriate areas.

Ta,

RMD
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800 mogul

Stevenewjersey is a n00b
I would hold onto that phone. The new rom is coming out in a few days. Most of your gripes will go away.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:10 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
My mom once told me to never quit!!!! going back to an old phone is putting a family pet to sleep lol i dont think i could ever get rid of my 6800. (plus im running a custom ROM so i might be a little better off!!!)

PS thanks no2Chem!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i760 broken by 6.1
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

rduckwor1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenewjersey View Post
I would hold onto that phone. The new rom is coming out in a few days. Most of your gripes will go away.

Yeah, and the check is in the mail. Wish I could bank on that, but we are talking VZW here. Everything they do takes much longer than necessary and then is less functional than it should be.

Oh well, at least they aren't Sprint.

RMD
Old 02-14-2008, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
You need to try the custom ROMS. With the stuff No2Chem, dcd and others from XDA-Developers are doing the 6800 is way better then the 6700. Not to mention the size difference.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 02-14-2008, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor
hey rduckwor1,
I feel your pain. But please hear us out on this, I just yesterday flashed a customer's XV6800 to the dcd 1.68 ROM and can verify that it cleared enough crap to yield a 29mb free RAM as opposed to the 11mb it had post hard reset with OEM installed.

The client indicated BT working well and also was able to BT tether it to his laptop. I would say that with the right ROM this phone is very usable. In fact so much so that I ordered one last night for myself to replace my Apache...

That said YMMV

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan