PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

355Nation is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone turning on intermittently?

For the past few evenings I've noticed my phone turn on sporadically...the only thing that is common each time is that the messaging application will open itself. I've tried to soft reset after it turns itself on and it will still turn on every 10-15 minutes...it's not a precise thing. I've gone through all my texts and have none that are showing as new...I'm really not sure what to do at this point. I haven't installed any new software for quite awhile, so I don't see a reason as to why it would be that...

Any help/incite is appreciated.

Oh, I should mention that when the phone "turns itself on" I mean that the screen comes on...no programs in the foreground, just the HTC home screen like you see in my signature. But the only program running will be messaging...even if I close it out, the screen still turns back on and the program opens...hope that helps.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

shuriken is a n00b
that happens to me sometimes when i have my phone tethered to my pc.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: w
Carrier: f

jph8tr is a n00b
Re: Phone turning on intermittently?

Welcome to windows mobile. The phone will turn on when going in and out of just about any service mode. Keep your phone where the signal isn't strong, it will turn on. Live in a fringe EVDO area, on it goes. This has been an issue since WM phone edition hit the streets and it doesn't seem that MS has any inclination to fix it. Many of us use lock programs to prevent the device from doing anything like calling the last person spoken to during these phantom on conditions. This is the definitive "why WM sucks and always will" issue IMHO. Palms, Nokias, Crackberries all don't turn on by themselves for no reason.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan