PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kraygh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Stock screen protector rocks!

So I've been through many different of screen protectors with past pda/phones and was never really satisfied. When I upgraded to the 6800 I figured, what the heck, I'll just leave the one it came with on there for now. Well it's been a few months and although there is a slight drag on the stylus, this protector is by far the best one I've used. Clarity is perfect.
I work in a very dusty environment and this thing is almost impossible to scratch. Every time I think there IS a scratch on it, I just rub it out! Self healing or something. But I suppose it will need replacing at some point so....

So does anyone know where to get protectors that are identical to the stock one? (without ordering a new phone, I mean)
Old 02-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

acuonda is a n00b
Didn't put the original one on properly and dust got on the sticky side had to get a new one. Called HTC directly they referred me to a site called mobileplanet.com. When you type it in it redirects you.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=147579
(direct link for what your looking for.) I was billed about $18.90 same quality as the one that comes with the phone. It's manufactured by HTC.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
All i know is they better give you more than on for $19

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: AT&T 8525

droeun is a n00b
Thanks for finding it, I too have been struggling to find the stock screen protector that came with my Cingular 8525.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

pearljamaaron is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuonda View Post
Didn't put the original one on properly and dust got on the sticky side had to get a new one. Called HTC directly they referred me to a site called mobileplanet.com. When you type it in it redirects you.

(direct link for what your looking for.) I was billed about $18.90 same quality as the one that comes with the phone. It's manufactured by HTC.
That seems crazy expensive! I like the original one too, but I am not willing to pay that much.... Does anybody know of a comparable one?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
I actually like seidio's ultimate screen guard for several reasons
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=226

1 - It's basically rigid. This means it is ridiculously easy to apply.
2 - Rigid also means it does not absorb your stylus touches at all like soft screen protectors. It also isn't "sticky" at all, like some screen protectors, it is slick.
3 - It sticks with static rather than some protectors that use adhesive (and still doesn't move).
Old 02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

kraygh is just getting started
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuonda View Post

Great find. My 6800 came with the protector already installed. Weird.
Also I notice the 2-pack is a buck cheaper... what's that about?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
I got 2 invisishields (lifetime guaranteed) on sale for $11.00, thats 5.50 each, dont know why i will need 2 if lifetime guaranteed, I guess I am just a born skeptic?

The one that came with the phone started to stretch at the edges after a few months but it was decent.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I too use invisibleshield protectors. They are a bit different feeling than the stock protector as they are slightly tackyish. They fit way better than the stock one though and are much easier to install. If you want the best glossy protector and are okay with sissors go buy a HORI nintendo DS protector and cut the touch screen one for your phone. Its a paint but HORI protectors are far and away the best IMO. I gave up on them myself after ruining 2 at lik $15 each.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc EVO 3D

acuonda is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
All i know is they better give you more than on for $19
Hey normally I would agree with you. However I purchased the Palm screen protector that staples sells and was really disappointed in the quality. It was a multipack but after about 2 weeks of using one sheet I could see why they sold it as a multipack. Original sheet is alot more durable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan