PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

BusDriver is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy This may be a cop-out - but really need help -

and willing to pay!

I can't take it anymore!

The phone is too slow - and it seems everyone has their phones tweaked a helluva lot better then I can seem to get mine.

I am willing to offer someone cash to help me get a custom rom on my phone that just makes it work faster, better, and w/ A LOT more free memory.

I am coming from a treo 700p - and as many problems as that had - it was more reliable then this.

I switched to this because I felt that the palm OS was dead in the water.. and it seems a lot of you have tweaked your phones to working pretty well - updated radio, better SMS, etc.. but I seem to be having issues getting mine to where I want it to be.

So this is my solution - money talks - as AC/DC would say.

IF someone is interested - I live in NYC - and we can either do this via someone helping over the phone - or ideally someone local - who can help a mildly retarded man - who can't get his phone working how he'd like it!

Any takers?

FYI - it's the 6800 on verizon.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
BusDriver,

I take it that you are running a stock rom & radio? If so then you can upgrade to a rom & radio that is currently available without large expenditures (except maybe a donation or two to the contributer) that will take your XV6800 to a whole new level...

There are several custom roms available for your device and I personally use no2chem's 5046. It is Sprint based but all you have to do is change/disable the startup animation & re-label the Sprint-titled data connection to Verizon. However in order to flash a rom & radio you will need some tools. This can ALL be retrieved from within the forums and I can personally send you the necessary files.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BusDriver is a n00b
yes - right now I am running stock.. w/ threaded SMS, InboxExtender and ledkiller.

I had a ton of other programs before - but it made my phone laughably slow - and in constant need of reboot -

I am honestly very willing to kick out a few bux - if you'd be willing to spend a little time steppin me thru the process.

let me know... and thanks for the reply.

Ideally I am looking for quick - but also w/ some doo-dads and bells/whistles..

I look forward to hearing back.

I spent years getting to know my Treo very well - and I just don't have the head to start over again!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:41 AM
HTC Soldier

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
The new 6.1 rom available on Dcd's & no2chem's rom has a terrific built-in memory management feature. You will not have what seemingly looks like as much boot-up memory but 6.1 re-organizes and tasks it as needed and it works great.

In addition, 6.1 has threaded SMS messaging and the 6.1 Office package. Now... if you are willing to take the plunge, you will need to first do several things for me...

1. Research, locate and write down your MDN, A-key and MSID #'s
2. Go to Start-->Settings-->Connections-->Connections
a. Click on "Manage existing connections"
b. Write down the exact carrier name & number used for dialing data connection
c. Click on "Edit"
d. Write down the exact carrier information under "Enter a name for the connection"
e. Click "Next"
f. Write down the value here exactly.
g. Click "Next"
h. Write down all of the fields here (Username)(Password)(Domain)
i. Hit "Finished"

I am going to include some files here that we will need later. In the meanwhile I want you to read these (2) threads thoroughly...
Dcd's http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=367574
no2chems' http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17219

In the end give these guys some reputation (click on the scales located top right of the post) as well as ImCokeMan & Olipro and dogguy.

Last edited by xweaponx; 02-13-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BusDriver is a n00b
first off thanks.

secondly - I am a bit overwhelmed.. but I will do my best.

I'm actually running off to the gym... but will come back and start working on your to-do list.

It seems that the storage card becomes non-workable after the upgrade. Is that correct? I will read thru both posts more completely when I get back.

Thanks again..

And man - it's overwhelming.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:57 AM
HTC Soldier

It always seems overwhelming at first...

But one foot in front of the other, we will go step by step...

I also want you to read this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17667. A great post by QuantumForce.
This will define step by step what we will do later with the files I attached above. Now regarding your question about the SD card, I believe the issue so far has plagued only Dcd's rom and I know he will resolve it soon as he is very tenacious and dedicated to his roms. For now we can focus on no2chems, which I use and prefer for now, and I have had NO SD card issues.

Also I will need you to create a backup of any/all information you deem valuable on your device...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BusDriver is a n00b
ok - I will allot a few hours to get down and dirty with this later today.

Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan