PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800, TP2
Carrier: VZW

Pasukun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How often do you reboot your Titan?

First off, I have a Verizon Titan with DCD 1.6.10 and 1.40 Radio.
I have installed couple dozens of softwares, but only 2 apps runs all the time as they are Today plug-ins.
I normally have around 22MB of free RAM.. and my normal usages are some phone calls, web browsing w/ PIE, emails, and some Youtube w/ TCPMP.
I don't believe that I have pushed my Titan anywhere near its limit.. so why am I having to reboot this thing at least 3-4 times a day? On some extreme days.. I have to do about dozen reboots..
Is this how often you reboot your Titan as well?
Old 02-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
3-4 times a day is insane. I do MUCH more than that and I don't reboot my mogul more than 2-3 times a week. Why are you having to reboot so often? Do you not have a program manager installed to actually close programs?
Old 02-12-2008, 06:36 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasukun View Post
First off, I have a Verizon Titan with DCD 1.6.10 and 1.40 Radio.
I have installed couple dozens of softwares, but only 2 apps runs all the time as they are Today plug-ins.
I normally have around 22MB of free RAM.. and my normal usages are some phone calls, web browsing w/ PIE, emails, and some Youtube w/ TCPMP.
I don't believe that I have pushed my Titan anywhere near its limit.. so why am I having to reboot this thing at least 3-4 times a day? On some extreme days.. I have to do about dozen reboots..
Is this how often you reboot your Titan as well?

Something going on. I have the last regular stock Sprint ROM 2.17 installed and in the last week, I have soft reset my phone at least 10x a day. No joking. Its been working fine since I installed it the day it came out. All of a sudden I have a crap load of problems.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
To figure this out, you have to tell why you are rebooting. Is your phone freezing? Is it just getting slow?
Old 02-12-2008, 06:52 PM
DaGreatOne

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
To figure this out, you have to tell why you are rebooting. Is your phone freezing? Is it just getting slow?
1.My phone keeps freezing up. I have SPB Insight installed on today screen along with several other programs (thanks to SPB Pocket Plus) and I've noticed that when screen freezes, it starts from the bottom of the screen and makes its way up the screen making everything become fuzzy (kinda like needing and antenna for a TV).

2. I usually keep my phone locked, but the Touchflo cube keeps activating and when I try to minimize it, it freezes for about 5sec. Then the screen starts automatically rolling through all the screens before frezzing completely.

Its been extremely slow in the past week as well. Nothing new installed.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
1.My phone keeps freezing up. I have SPB Insight installed on today screen along with several other programs (thanks to SPB Pocket Plus) and I've noticed that when screen freezes, it starts from the bottom of the screen and makes its way up the screen making everything become fuzzy (kinda like needing and antenna for a TV).

2. I usually keep my phone locked, but the Touchflo cube keeps activating and when I try to minimize it, it freezes for about 5sec. Then the screen starts automatically rolling through all the screens before frezzing completely.

Its been extremely slow in the past week as well. Nothing new installed.
It sounds like you are running a LOT of programs on the today screen. What is your memory like after the device is done booting up?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:02 PM
DaGreatOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
It sounds like you are running a LOT of programs on the today screen. What is your memory like after the device is done booting up?
I thought the samething. usually about 7.00mb and drops down between 5.48mb and 3.82mb after about 10-15min. Running about 6tabs with pocket plus.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
When I had my mogul I had to reset at least 5x a day with minimal 3rd party apps installed. And the only Today screen items I added was the HTC Home plugin. Mine used to freeze or slow down really bad and I would have around 15-20mb
Old 02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
There is a gentleman on here whom has a quote under his signature:

"A reset a day keeps the headaches away..."

I agree with (and practice) that statement.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Once a day. At the very least once every 2 days... its pretty sad.

After a session of heavy multi-tasking or abnormal use (uncommon apps) I almost always have to reboot because the ram is so low. That is AFTER i have tried to reclaim ram with Memmaid.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan