PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Lurker

TheVille is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lost Contacts?

I backed up my Mogul last night with SPB backup and Sprite Backup before performing a flash to wm6.1. So far I have been unable to recover my contacts from the backups, is there a specific set of steps i am supposed to follow? Also, if I am unable to retrieve them than how was I supposed to properly back them up (ActiveSync proved useless already)? I hope I dont get flamed for this question, I been trolling the site for 12 hours now and don't remember seeing anything relating to this. Thanks, I love the site!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVille View Post
I backed up my Mogul last night with SPB backup and Sprite Backup before performing a flash to wm6.1. So far I have been unable to recover my contacts from the backups, is there a specific set of steps i am supposed to follow? Also, if I am unable to retrieve them than how was I supposed to properly back them up (ActiveSync proved useless already)? I hope I dont get flamed for this question, I been trolling the site for 12 hours now and don't remember seeing anything relating to this. Thanks, I love the site!
Run Sprite Backup; choose Restore; select the desired backup file from the list; click Next; enter the password if requested; choose what you want to restore, but make sure you do NOT restore System Data, as it is from a different ROM level; click Next; click Next; and wait for it to finish.

ActiveSync should also work for restoring your contacts, if you synced them to Outlook prior to the ROM flash.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TheVille is a n00b
I tried selecting the options for 'Safe Upgrade' and 'Restore Databases' but I had no luck. I can't sync to outlook because I dont feel safe having my contacts available through outlook when my phone is not connected to the computer.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:30 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
I was not able to use sprite backup to bring the contacts from WM6 to WM6.1. It gives me the error that all the *.*vol files could not be restored. So I had to reflash to WM6 and use PPCPIMBackup to backup contacts and restore.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b
I use PIMBackup also. Another great thing I got set up over the weekend is mail2web's exchange service. The free portion provides the ability to sync contacts, calendar, and tasks. Added bonus, you can add/edit online with a full size keyboard.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVille View Post
I tried selecting the options for 'Safe Upgrade' and 'Restore Databases' but I had no luck. I can't sync to outlook because I dont feel safe having my contacts available through outlook when my phone is not connected to the computer.
Did you try Options>Restore>Upgrade and select ROM in Upgrade Mode?

Also, if your EXT ROM was unlocked when you made the backup, it must be unlocked for the restore to work.

edit: for future use, you can set a password on your data file within Outlook to protect it from unauthorized access. In Outlook, File>DataFileManagement, select the data file name, click Settings>ChangePassword

Last edited by bakntyme; 02-12-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
If nothing else works, reflash WM6, restore a backup, and then sync with Outlook. Flash 6.1 and sync with Outlook. Then, delete all of your contacts, appointments, tasks, etc from Outlook and the deleted folder and disable the partnership.

Or, use PPCPIMBackup as mentioned above, bu you will have to reflash to WM6 and restore a backup in order to get your contacts back.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan