PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

DssHobby is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Easy Solution: 1GB MicroSD not read after SDHC.777.cab install

Ok.. I have to admit that I messed up (I installed the SDHC.777 when I didn't need to). Well reading the post today (Just found out that 8GB SDHC work automatically (Without the need of the SDHC.777.cab install)). I ordered a SanDiks 8GB SDHC (Still waiting for it to arrive) but I went ahead and installed the SDHC.777.cab on my Titan (Sprint) (Has 3.16.651.0 ROM and 3.27.00 Radio with PRL 60610 all for the good GPS) but now when I put in my regular 1GB Micro SD card it doesn't recognize it has been inserted. Is there a way to remove the SDHC.777 install or is there something I can do so I can get my Titan to recognize the regular 1Gb Micro SD card (Which was working prior to the SDHC.777 install) and still works on my USB Micro SD reader on my PC. It just doesn't recognize the Micro SD card when Insert it on my Titan and go to File Explorer or Memory->Storage Card says NOT INSTALLED. I have formatted the Micro SD card on my PC and put it back on the Titan to see if that will work and nothing. Anyone know of a solution.

Solution to my OWN mess.....
After pondering for a while I figured I would redo the entire ROM update again to reset everything back to normal. Then it hit me.. hahaha.. Just do a simple dumb HARD RESET and voila it was fixed. Just remember to back-up all you stuff before you do the HARD-RESET..

~DssHobby~
-----------------
A hobby is a hobby, but DSS is my HOBBY!!
DSS=This...

Last edited by DssHobby; 02-12-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:48 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
A good post for those whom may have the SDHC.777.cab already installed or were planning to install in order to accomodate a larger card (like me ).

Sorry to hear about the inconvience but thanks for posting your results. As the 6 & 8gb cards are now available with 12gb releasing later this year, this will be valuable information.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kannaguchio is a n00b
Re: 1GB MicroSD not read after SDHC.777.cab install

I did this today as well, then saw your post. However, you only have to uninstall the SDHC cab to remove the patch and get your 1gig micro card recognized again as I just did.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan