PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Cardo S2 or Logitech FreePulse?
Cardo S2 3 75.00%
Logitech FreePulse 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

shapiror06 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shapiror06
BR Headphones: Cardo S2 vs. Logitech FreePulse

Hey, I'm looking for a simple BT stereo headset to use in the gym on my XV6800. I've narowed it down to either the Cardo S2 or the Logitech FreePulse. Both get relatively good reviews, just curious if anyone on here has experience with either and what you think are the pros and cons.

edit: the title should say "BT" instead of "BR" lol simple typo

Last edited by shapiror06; 02-07-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

and heck, if you dont think either are any good, post some suggestions
Old 02-07-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kaiser
Carrier: AT&T

bimmerd00d is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bimmerd00d Send a message via MSN to bimmerd00d Send a message via Yahoo to bimmerd00d
believe it or not, i have both of these. I gave the Logitechs to my g/f to use with her ipod and BB Pearl. She loves them. They are pretty good, much more sturdy than the old version. The Cardo's are amazing to be perfectly honest. I would definitely recommend these to anyone. They sound great (i was NOT expecting that), the handsfree is a bit goofy since your calls are in stereo, takes some getting used to. Both are great, the Cardos get the pick for comfort and sound quality. The controls on the right speaker are great. Play/pause, track fwd/back, volume, and a meta-key that's programmable on the phone.

Freepulse:

Pros:

lightweight
fairly comfy
one AC plug to charge adapter and headphones (2 mini-usb plugs)
LONG battery life
regular 3.5mm BT adapter for laptop or ipod with adapter plates for each model
sound good enough

Cons:

no controls except volume
no phone capability
they dont fold up well

Cardo S-2

Pros:

VERY comfortable
sound quality is GREAT
has standard mini-usb plug (charges with AC adapter or via computer USB port)
Will automatically pause audio on incoming call (more of phone function i think)
controls galore
not heavy, would work great in gym, but not as light as the Logitechs

Cons:

Would not work properly on my Apache (one reason i got a Titan to be honest, but i think a2dp sucks on the Apache anyway with any headphones. Logitechs worked fine though)
no adapter for other devices
Battery life is only about 8hrs

Last edited by bimmerd00d; 02-07-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerd00d View Post
believe it or not, i have both of these. I gave the Logitechs to my g/f to use with her ipod and BB Pearl. She loves them. They are pretty good, much more sturdy than the old version. The Cardo's are amazing to be perfectly honest. I would definitely recommend these to anyone. They sound great (i was NOT expecting that), the handsfree is a bit goofy since your calls are in stereo, takes some getting used to. Both are great, the Cardos get the pick for comfort and sound quality. The controls on the right speaker are great. Play/pause, track fwd/back, volume, and a meta-key that's programmable on the phone.
No issues on the XV6800? I've heard horror stories about the BT on these phones (can't wait for the ROM update), I just don't wan to waste time and money on something that is going be a PITA and not sound that good.

-Randy
Old 02-07-2008, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bimmerd00d is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bimmerd00d Send a message via MSN to bimmerd00d Send a message via Yahoo to bimmerd00d
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapiror06 View Post
No issues on the XV6800? I've heard horror stories about the BT on these phones (can't wait for the ROM update), I just don't wan to waste time and money on something that is going be a PITA and not sound that good.

-Randy
No issues on my Mogul in stock or modded form. Currently on a custom build from DCD's 2.2.2, about to build a 2.2.3 and im sure it'll still work great. Make sure you change your samplerate to 48kHz, the quality improves by about 20%. Also, i updated the previous post if you haven't looked
Old 02-07-2008, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid INCREDIBLE raped my bb storm
Carrier: verizon

sprintrjm is a n00b
re: freepulse

I have had the freepulse headphones for about a year now. They sound pretty good, and the bt seems to work fine and all.

I just hate the look of them, looks like im wearing earmuffs to the gym, and my ears get pretty warm too.

Im looking for something different.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Dagger969 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Dagger969
check out the S9 motorolas. I have had them for about 3 months and they are great. The sound is excellent, battery life is about 6 hours, and they are very low profile. Some people say the connection starts to fuzz out around other electronics, but I've yet for that to happen to me.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerd00d View Post
No issues on my Mogul in stock or modded form. Currently on a custom build from DCD's 2.2.2, about to build a 2.2.3 and im sure it'll still work great. Make sure you change your samplerate to 48kHz, the quality improves by about 20%. Also, i updated the previous post if you haven't looked
I think i'm gonna go with these ones. One question though, I couldnt find where you change the samplerate settings. Where's it at on WM6?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bimmerd00d is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapiror06 View Post
I think i'm gonna go with these ones. One question though, I couldnt find where you change the samplerate settings. Where's it at on WM6?
It's in the registry. I recommend using Advanced Config to change this though, as it links you right to it.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ools-v1-1.html
Old 02-08-2008, 10:52 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Jabra 8010

I bought a Jabra 8010 bluetooth headphone set last month. Its was/on sale at FRY's sale 79.99 with 20 rebate, but its was showing up when added to cart at 39.99. So that is 39.99 with a $20 rebate. $19.99 + shipping. I don't think you can go wrong!!! This is a great headset and it has a smaller headset that can be plugged in for the other ear that connects with a wire for stereo sound. It sounds great, has a scroll wheel for easy volume adjustment and uses a2dp streaming stereo sound. It also has an lcd display. It's showing up at 39.99 when added to cart as of today. Great Price still!
http://shop2.outpost.com/product/525...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan