PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

bradleyem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth headset not working after flash

I flashed DCDs 2.1 Verizon ROM with the new radio and all is wonderful (GPS, WM 6.1, etc), but my bluetooth headset (Motorola H700) wont work now. It tethers just fine, but the phone application does not recognize that there is a headset there, and if I push the button on the headset, I get nothing at all. Also Voice command doesn't work with it, so as far as I can tell, even though it's tethered, the phone doesn't see it at all. Any ideas? I was really loking forward to having an earpiece that I could actually use with Voice Command, as dialing SUCKS with these phones (really the ONLY drawback).
Old 02-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
A soft reset fixes it for most people.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have tried multiple soft resets.

I have untethered and re-tethered the earpiece several times.

I have unchecked the "Hands Free" checkmark in "Select services to use for the device", saved it, soft reset, then went back in and checked it again, saved it, with no results.

Bluetooth itself appears to be working, because I can dial out using bluetooth for DUN. But, another wierd problem that I'm having is that if I try to use DUN, I get an error saying that my password is wrong. I've not made any changes to the dial up connection on my laptop, and it always worked before. Interestingly, after this happens, any time that the phone itself tries to connect for e-mail or internet I get the same message. I have to soft reset the phone to get it to work again.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Weekend BUMP...anyone have any ideas, or experiencing a similar problem with earpiece not working after flashing, or getting the incorrect password problem when trying to use BT DUN?

Also what is a good memory management program that I can use to find out what is sucking all of my memory? I flashed DCDs 2.1 Verizon ROM with the new radio, and I have the following apps installed:

Helmi HTC Home with weather fix
HTC Audio Manager
HTC Home Customizer
Esmertec Jbed
Microsoft Live Search
Pocket MVP
HTC Streaming Media
Task Manager 2.0
Windows Live Mobile
Macromedia Flash Player ActiveX
PHM Registry Editor
Google Maps
Microsoft Voice Command

Of 45.23 MB Total memory I have 41.94 MB used and only 3.29 MB free with NO applications running. Before flashing I was using stock Verizon ROM and all of the same apps, and I had an average of 20 MB free.

I thought that it was because I had been playing with Google Maps in Satellite view mode quite a bit, and I thought that the maps were using alot of memory. I reset google maps to clear the cache, and also cleared my IE cache with no results.

Hopefully someone will come out with a kitchen soon so that all of the apps can be baked into ROM...that would help alot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan