PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Backup WM6.1 threaded SMS chats

I am updating from DCD'd 2.1 to 2.2 and have accumulated texts that I would like to keep. I am using the default text messaging application. After loading the new ROM and trying to restore the PIM data, and My documents and email everything is back but the text messages. There is a file called convstore.vol is the main level of the device but restoring that did not help, also restored the windows directory and no help. I'm sure that someone else has run across this already. Any Ideas

EDIT. Trying to do a full restore via Sprite backup states the bellow .vol files could not be restored. Trying to restore with spb backup.
\mxip_initdb.vol
\mxip_lang.vol
\mxip_notify.vol
\mxip_swmgmt.vol
\mxip_system.vol
pim.vol
cemail.vol

I imagine that it within email.vol. but I cannot locate that

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 02-06-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Threadstarter

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
I guess just stick with the basics. PPCPIMBackup 2.8 did the trick. Not sure why sprite was not working.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Every version of Sprite beyond 3.14 (not compatible with WM5+) has given me problems. I've stuck to Spb Backup, which, as long as you're backing up and restoring to the same ROM version, works great.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor
Well you can always back your text messages up with smsimport and the import them on the new rom. This program saves text messages as an xml file so you can view them in any program that supports xml files. I have just tested this program in WM 6.1 RdZLyZs version 1.2 and it works. After importing the messages back to the phone, you just have to open outlook. When you open text messages, outlook will sort the received messages from the same person in one conversation. Then when you open the conversation, outlook will sort your sent messages and add them back to the conversation. The text messages will be just like they were on the old rom.

You can get the program here or the direct file here. The program is an exe file and will run directly on your phone.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: T-Mobile

suresu is a n00b
Re: Backup WM6.1 threaded SMS chats

I download a tool called iMobileTool SMS Backup. It helps me to backup SMS messages from Windows Mobile Phone to computer and keep them safe.It works well for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan