PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I work in a basement, how can I boost my signal?

I work in basement, and my Mogul only gets 1 or 2 bars, and not EVDO. So calls are often dropped, and data/internet is slow as heck. If I step outside my office, and into the hallway a bit, I can get EVDO. So I was looking into a way to get that signal into my office. It's possible to run a cable, and I came across a repeater that seems like it would work:

http://www.solidsignal.tv/prod_displ...PROD=YX500-PCS

Problem is, it's $200. I wouldn't have a problem paying it, I'm just looking for additional options before I shell out that kind of cash

So, anyone have any ideas, or are/were in a similar predicament?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-05-2008, 03:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800 Mogul

TopGun2000 is a n00b
i haven't tried those things from ebay, but they look cheaper, such as

http://cgi.ebay.com/9DB-gain-cell-ph...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 02-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I would imagine that you could run something out into the hall and hook it up where you plug in a car antenna. Just make sure the cable is well shielded and you should be OK if it's not too long.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep
The Mogul has a plug for an external antenna? I did not know. Where is it?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's under that little rubber plug, heh. Didn't even think to look there

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys

Last edited by EGOvoruhk; 02-05-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
I haven't looked into it in a while, but Sprint was offering a device in certain markets that would allow your Sprint phone to get a signal through your broadband connection.

The device worked like a tower as your phone would get a signal through it. However, all voice & data would be relayed over the Internet.

EDIT: It's called the Airave

http://airave.sprint.com/?id9=vanity:airave

Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
are there any other less expensive options?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
I work in basement, and my Mogul only gets 1 or 2 bars, and not EVDO. So calls are often dropped, and data/internet is slow as heck. If I step outside my office, and into the hallway a bit, I can get EVDO. So I was looking into a way to get that signal into my office. It's possible to run a cable, and I came across a repeater that seems like it would work:

Problem is, it's $200. I wouldn't have a problem paying it, I'm just looking for additional options before I shell out that kind of cash

Thanks in advance

I have this exact unit, though I paid alittle more for it.....I was having problems w/ it, I troubleshot it w/ the manufacture wi-ex.com they determined it to be a bad amp, so they're sending me a new one.....but when it did work, it was pretty good......definitely helped.

I'd go w/ Airave (when it's available) but it's $15/mo for a single line & $30/mo for family.....for $360/yr the amp/repeater was a better option.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
I haven't looked into it in a while, but Sprint was offering a device in certain markets that would allow your Sprint phone to get a signal through your broadband connection.

The device worked like a tower as your phone would get a signal through it. However, all voice & data would be relayed over the Internet.

EDIT: It's called the Airave

http://airave.sprint.com/?id9=vanity:airave
Sadly is available in 3 states only... the device is free in some of the states and the service is $15 per month and $30 for an account with multiple lines.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
If you try the external antena option - be very carefull with the little "jack" on the back of the phone. The 6700's were known as being fragile and if it broke, it also broke the connection to the internl antena - giving you NO SIGNAL...

All that being said, I (being a cheap bastard) would try an external (and being careful) - especialy if I had the insurance (which I don't cause I'm a cheap bastard)...

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 02-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul ,treo 755p

rolo918 is a n00b
buy this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post

Thanks in advance
i own a service company and this is the unit we sell and install all the time it wroks great!!!
if you need any help just call us 5864059005

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan