PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kaiser
Carrier: AT&T

bimmerd00d is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bimmerd00d Send a message via MSN to bimmerd00d Send a message via Yahoo to bimmerd00d
Welcome from the Apache forum! New 6800 user here

I just picked up a brand new 6800 from Craigslist today for $250, so i'll be frequenting this forum i suppose now. Going to give my 6700 to my dad probably, he's currently still using a treo 600 from the days when they were brand new . I think that'll be a decent upgrade for him i think. I'm off to the SEARCH function to learn all about this thing. Glad to be here, hope i can contribute something worthwhile at some point!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phazed is just getting started
If I were you I would stay away from the 3.16 ROM update for now. Seems to be super buggy. An official ROM update is expected in late feb-early March that will enable the Moguls Rev. A and integrated GPS chip. I'm holding off.

Being a former 6700 myself.. biggest difference.. getting used to the keyboard on the other side.. it's second nature now.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kaiser
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

bimmerd00d is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bimmerd00d Send a message via MSN to bimmerd00d Send a message via Yahoo to bimmerd00d
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazed View Post
If I were you I would stay away from the 3.16 ROM update for now. Seems to be super buggy. An official ROM update is expected in late feb-early March that will enable the Moguls Rev. A and integrated GPS chip. I'm holding off.

Being a former 6700 myself.. biggest difference.. getting used to the keyboard on the other side.. it's second nature now.
So far it's not the actual slide that i'm getting used to, it's the typing itself. I will keep that in mind, I have a Garmin in the car so the GPS isn't my main goal with this thing. This looks a bit more difficult than the 6700 so far. I'm not really liking the oem interface, i need my HTC Home!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Quote:

Well even though there are some users that are having some problems with the 3.16 rom, there are also some that don't have any problems at all, myself included. I didn't have any problems what so ever upgrading to the new rom and quite frankly it runs just as smooth as any other rom out there for the titan right now, in my opinion anyway.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Welcome to 6800land bimmerd00d,

I have had great results with no2chems 3.16 rom if you feel compelled to give a 3.16 rom a try. Supposedly it's sourced from a non-beta rom so it is much more stable.

Enjoy your new toy and we look forward to your inquiries/contributions within the forums...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phazed is just getting started
themuffinman,

I'm not putting down the 3.16 ROM.. and I would try it if I didn't have to hard reset everything back to square one. With an official ROM coming out soon, I can wait.

I just think it would be better for a new Mogul Owner to get used to how it is "supposed to be" before diving off the deep end into a bunch of problems.. and not have the certainty that their Mogul is problem free to begin with.
Sort of like a Car.. make sure you don't have a lemon before you add 8 Grand in performance parts. You can't make Ice cream out of shit.

I don't mean to imply that Bimmerd00d is a n00b or anything, because he obviously isn't, and I fully encourage modification to all extremes

phaZed
Old 02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Quote:
themuffinman,

I'm not putting down the 3.16 ROM.. and I would try it if I didn't have to hard reset everything back to square one. With an official ROM coming out soon, I can wait.

I just think it would be better for a new Mogul Owner to get used to how it is "supposed to be" before diving off the deep end into a bunch of problems.. and not have the certainty that their Mogul is problem free to begin with.
Sort of like a Car.. make sure you don't have a lemon before you add 8 Grand in performance parts. You can't make Ice cream out of shit.

I don't mean to imply that Bimmerd00d is a n00b or anything, because he obviously isn't, and I fully encourage modification to all extremes

phaZed
Well I guess you do have a point there.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800
Carrier: VZW

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor
got mine yeterday for FREEEEEEEEE. i called VZW to tell them that my 6700 slider was really loose they said they would send me a 6800. Then the guy said that it would be easier if i just went in and traded it in and would cost $149. i took it in expecting to pay but the lady gave it to me for free. They probably gave it to me because it was my 14th 6700 phone. I like it so far but i will wait and play with the original ROM before i start upgrading

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan