PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Lurker

riddler1979 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Alltel GPS (All other too) for 6800

Alright, i spend many an hour sifting thru this forum and occasionally have problems isolating alltel info, so here it is. follow the insructions exactly and the gps will work. One thing i had to do was call alltel and get the msid and and something else, cant remember to get the proper location because it showed i was roaming and i couldnt make calls, but that took lees than 10 min.

Incidentally, I have vista and have not had any problems with installing any of the roms etc. just make sure the security or windows firewall is off.

If anyone doesnt believe me, I can take some pictures, but the best thing would be just to do it. It works.

Thanks to those of you who make all these things available to us.

Sorry if this is already posted, i just dont have time to read thru 200 pages to see. figured then you guys would know I exist. I dont develop, but am a generally nice guy and really appreciate the fact that those of you who are married like me, do all these things and have to explain to your wives why its important!lol.

Here is the link, I didnt create, just showing the way and I do believe this works on all providers!

http://www.phonenews.com/how-to-add-...00-titan-2663/

Here is the procedure for updating:
• Open Hard-SPL-240-MFG.exe. It will extract files into C:\ttn240mfg, and then launch an unlocker. Follow the instructions on screen.
• Once it has been completed, launch the device’s software update. Follow the instructions on screen for the updater.
• Following the updater’s final instructions, power cycle the device as instructed (holding power and reset buttons simultaneously). The device will likely freeze at startup on your carrier’s logo. This is normal.
• When the device does freeze, hold power, camera, and reset buttons. This will send the device into what is known as Bootloader Mode.
• Connect the Titan back to your computer. Run the baseband radio firmware update, similar to the instructions above.
• When finished, power cycle again as instructed, holding power and reset buttons to complete the update.
• The device should now have GPS enabled via the GPS utility in Start > Settings > System > External GPS. While it says External GPS, COM5 now routes back into the device’s internal network-assisted GPS functionality.
Update: To restore Office Mobile functionality, regardless of installer, this download from Microsoft has been reported to fix it.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddler1979 View Post
Alright, i spend many an hour sifting thru this forum and occasionally have problems isolating alltel info, so here it is. follow the insructions exactly and the gps will work. One thing i had to do was call alltel and get the msid and and something else, cant remember to get the proper location because it showed i was roaming and i couldnt make calls, but that took lees than 10 min.

Incidentally, I have vista and have not had any problems with installing any of the roms etc. just make sure the security or windows firewall is off.

If anyone doesnt believe me, I can take some pictures, but the best thing would be just to do it. It works.

Thanks to those of you who make all these things available to us.

Sorry if this is already posted, i just dont have time to read thru 200 pages to see. figured then you guys would know I exist. I dont develop, but am a generally nice guy and really appreciate the fact that those of you who are married like me, do all these things and have to explain to your wives why its important!lol.

Here is the link, I didnt create, just showing the way and I do believe this works on all providers!

http://www.phonenews.com/how-to-add-...00-titan-2663/

Here is the procedure for updating:
• Open Hard-SPL-240-MFG.exe. It will extract files into C:\ttn240mfg, and then launch an unlocker. Follow the instructions on screen.
• Once it has been completed, launch the device’s software update. Follow the instructions on screen for the updater.
• Following the updater’s final instructions, power cycle the device as instructed (holding power and reset buttons simultaneously). The device will likely freeze at startup on your carrier’s logo. This is normal.
• When the device does freeze, hold power, camera, and reset buttons. This will send the device into what is known as Bootloader Mode.
• Connect the Titan back to your computer. Run the baseband radio firmware update, similar to the instructions above.
• When finished, power cycle again as instructed, holding power and reset buttons to complete the update.
• The device should now have GPS enabled via the GPS utility in Start > Settings > System > External GPS. While it says External GPS, COM5 now routes back into the device’s internal network-assisted GPS functionality.
Update: To restore Office Mobile functionality, regardless of installer, this download from Microsoft has been reported to fix it.

uhhhh yeh.. it was created here.. and at xda...not phonenews.. This has been out for over a week, also its com port 4, and not agps, its GPS...
Check this link out, the one with over 100 thousand views and almost 1000 replies... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16806

Last edited by superevilllama; 02-04-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

riddler1979 is a n00b
so maybe i wast clear supere

I didn't have TIMÃÅ* to sift thru 1000 replies. I believe I mentioned that and posted this for other people who don't have the same amount of expendable time as u. hence this post' but thanks for making no point and accomplishing nothing with ur attempt to impress our online peers . im sure u succeeded .
Old 02-04-2008, 11:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

jaylind is a n00b
I should have the Alltel version tomorrow. I will let you know what I find.

JAy
Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

corwinb is a n00b
I have already installed the Alltel Version of DCD's latest rom. I did have to dod a EPST (##77 and reenter MSID AND MDN on the Nam Settings Menu. Both of these the MSID and MDN are your telephone number. Also under the security setting under EPST I had to reenter my ESN which is listed on chassis plate, box, and first page of EPST under the HDR password. This will allow you to lockon to the EVDO network and not have it switching from 1X to EVDO. Also make sure your SID number is correct or you will be getting a roaming indicator. You should be able to find the SID number by doing a search on the internet and finding a list and locate the closest major town to your telephone prefix. I am sure I have left another small item, but this should allow you to get back up and running and place calls and s/r SMS.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

prochnow is a n00b
I've got an alltel phone - I've tried #778 and then send - the phone tries to dial a number but does not get me into the epst menu
any help?
Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

riddler1979 is a n00b
try #000000 or ##778 password in 000000

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan