PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour/ Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

integra144 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Increase Memory

I noticed that 154.70mb is available for storage while only 47.23 is available for programs. After a hard reset my device still has only 21.32mb free. I have two questions. One is there a way to make storage less and more memory for program as I store everything on a sd card anyway. Also is my free space of 21.36mb low compared to others even after a hard reset?
Thanks
Old 02-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
I noticed that 154.70mb is available for storage while only 47.23 is available for programs. After a hard reset my device still has only 21.32mb free. I have two questions. One is there a way to make storage less and more memory for program as I store everything on a sd card anyway. Also is my free space of 21.36mb low compared to others even after a hard reset?
Thanks
This is what everyone wants, but unfortunately no one can make this happen. It does seem like a reasonable and simple thing but it's a no go.
There is some discussion about this here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=350002

The best that we can do is keep a close eye on whats installed and make sure you have a decent task manager that you use.

You might look here for some RAM managment apps

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16758

If you are running an OEM ROM, I would say that your RAM is probably right on par after a reset.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

integra144 is a n00b
k thanks yup mines oem at least i feel better now that its not just my phone
Old 02-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
yeah, ram and storage are not the same anymore since windows mobile 5. 2003 and earlier they were shared on the same chips, and could be swapped one for the other. Downside is that like RAM, when the power is cut you lost your storage.

Now, WM5 + 6 work more like a PC- dedicated storage that is non volatile, and faster dedicated RAM for use in applications.
Storage is much cheaper than Ram, and we thankfully have a gracious amount of it. Ram, on the other hand, is sadly limited, and there just isn't much you can do about it.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

integra144 is a n00b
I also just realized my Treo 700wx has more Program memory at 57.45 compared to 47.23 how did that happen? I think my device may be built wrong. Isn’t it supped to have 64mb on the Mogul? Why would a newer device have worse specs that a 1.5 year old Treo 700wx. Kind of disappointed.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:02 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
I also just realized my Treo 700wx has more Program memory at 57.45 compared to 47.23 how did that happen? I think my device may be built wrong. Isn’t it supped to have 64mb on the Mogul? Why would a newer device have worse specs that a 1.5 year old Treo 700wx. Kind of disappointed.
The original 700w only had 32mb RAM, so Palm did a ton of optimization to make it run as best they could with the limited RAM. The 700wx was basically a 700w with double the RAM (64mb). Since the optimizations remained, the 700wx had more available RAM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan