PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

hugenut is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If Wi-fi and keyboard were unneeded, Mogul or Touch?

I am curious to hear you Titan owner's perspectives, as I contemplate on upgrading to Mogul or Touch.

I have the 6700, and used the Wifi like one time in a year. I only send 1 txt message every other week, so I also have only used the keyboard once or maybe twice time this past year.

If having keyboard and wifi were moot points (didn't need or use them), what is the advantage of the Titan?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Dude, I think you just answered your own question. If wifi and keyboards weren't that much of a factor then probably all of us would be using the touch. Its all about personal preference, I would never own a touch because of the lack of the keyboard, wifi I can kind of deal without(p'shh yeah right) even though I use it alot, but the keyboard is definitely a deal breaker for me.

Again that doesn't mean the touch or mogul is better or worst its all about whats right for you.

Last edited by themuffinman; 02-02-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

rambrush is a n00b
X2 if they are not needed go with the touch for more memory.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff
If the WiFi & keyboard weren't a factor, I would have the Touch fo sho!

-compact design
-screen is flush with the housing...easier to clean
-better speaker IMO
-more memory
Old 02-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
My personal opinion is that touch-screens are great when you want to do something complicated, but are VERY over-rated when it comes to basic phone functions.

As far as I'm concerned, the more buttons the better. That's the biggest gripe I have with the iPhone- no physical buttons means you rely ENTIRELY on the touchscreen for all functions.

Why is this a problem?
Try using it without looking. Try putting the phone on silent in your pocket, or dialing a number in your car while keeping your eyes on the road. Try using it in direct sunlight.
There are some things that are just plain BETTER to do with real buttons.

For the brief moments that I was playing with the touch, I found that the lack of physical buttons really bothered me. Not just the keyboard, I mean on the device.

At the same time, the Touch is stylish as hell and has more memory. Dialing on the mogul isn't much easier (although sometimes I flip open the KB to type in a contact's name). There's no perfect device, but I think you can't go wrong with either decision.

I wish HTC would make a phone like the Sony Ericsson P900 series... A touch screen with a flip-up dialing keypad for when you just want a friggin phone...
Old 02-02-2008, 09:05 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I'd have to agree with both sides here, if keyboard and wifi are moot then the Touch is most likely the correct decision since just having more memory is already a big plus.

However, dishe's point is very valid. I have had both devices and kept the Touch, but at the beginning it took some time to get used to having less hard keys. And the one thing I miss a lot from my Mogul is the scroll wheel... the slider on the Touch is not for me.

There are workarounds, like installing AE Buttons Plus. This will help a lot, but it is not the same as having the actual hard keys.

I'd go play with a Touch in a store and also a Mogul... then make your choice. In the end it'll depend on your personal needs, we can only share personal experience and opinions

---
Don't forget to Search first!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan