PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X & TP2
Carrier: VZW

mugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dropping internet...PDANet conflict?

I am having a problem keeping an internet connection via usb tethering with PDANet on 3.16 ROM's (multiple). I believe it may be a conflict with DirectPush (mail2web exchange) taking over.

Anyone run into this by chance, and what have you found works best? Could it be a setting in EPST? I would like to continue using PDANet since I bought it a while back and it seems to work great. Thanks... Radio 3.27 ROM 3.16.

Mugs

Last edited by mugsy77; 02-01-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I'm interested in this as well. Not specifically for pdanet, but in general. i use the native Internet Sharing program, and it will occaisionally drop connection for no reason at all....

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-01-2008, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid INCREDIBLE raped my bb storm
Carrier: verizon

sprintrjm is a n00b
same thing with usb modem

i have usbmodem that i could keep running for days if i kept a program like absolute poker running in the background.

now that i have the 3.16 rom, my connection drops after about an hour or so.

Maybe sprint is trying to keep us from milking all their precious bandwidth with bittorrents and downloads.

hopefully its just a glitch in the matrix.

deja vu.....
Old 02-01-2008, 04:23 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
If Sprint ends up pulling the plug on us it will be because of people downloading "bittorrents" and such.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dbphelps is a n00b
I agree, how ignorant can you be to run a file-sharing program over a cell connection???

I mean even if you bought a data-only program, these networks were not setup like hard-wired systems to have gigabytes of data to be transferred by single individuals...

If we all run into data connection issues, or if Sprint closes the door on us all in regards to tethering (which I only use if I am somewhere and I need to do something internet PC based like downloading a device driver, getting a program update, or just looking something up), it will be SOLELY because of those abusing the connection...

For those with high bandwitdh useage a month, I hope they at least shut off REV A speeds once it becomes available...

If you need tons of bandwidth a month get a DSL, fiiber or cablemodem connection...
Old 02-01-2008, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
I use ICS, via bluetooth PAN. However my phone will drop the connection about 1-5 minutes after I've surfed the net on my laptop. This in itself is annoying, but the big problem is that after that I get an error code 67, and I don't have a data connection.
I find that it actually replaces my sprint powervision username and password with my Exchange Server 2003 username (i dunno about password, its blank or has asterisks). I don't know my sprint username and password, so each time this happens I have to restore the data part of my phone via SPB Backup. I don't understand why this happens. If anybody could tell me, I would really appreciate it.
Also, I am on the stock 2.17 ROM

Last edited by qbunnie; 02-01-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

defultnoob is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to defultnoob
yeah i think its just the firmware cuz when i had 2.17 it didnt do this at all maybe once in a while but now it happens all the time hopefully when the stock comes out they fix this and btw how do you use the usb modem i could never seem to get that to work?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbunnie View Post
I use ICS, via bluetooth PAN. However my phone will drop the connection about 1-5 minutes after I've surfed the net on my laptop. This in itself is annoying, but the big problem is that after that I get an error code 67, and I don't have a data connection.
I find that it actually replaces my sprint powervision username and password with my Exchange Server 2003 username (i dunno about password, its blank or has asterisks). I don't know my sprint username and password, so each time this happens I have to restore the data part of my phone via SPB Backup. I don't understand why this happens. If anybody could tell me, I would really appreciate it.
Also, I am on the stock 2.17 ROM
yes most of what you explained is what i experience with the exception of the vision uname and p/w being replaced. I get a popup message that says connection was terminated by the other party, then i get the error code 67 when i try to reconnect. The only remedy for it is for me to soft reset... then it instantly goes back to working fine
Old 02-01-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
Mine won't even work after a soft reset. I have to literally restore data from spb backup. Its a pain.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Internet Sharing is faster than PDANet for me. Also, make sure you remove the extension=rilphone registry setting, that was the only thing I had to do to get my tethering working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan