PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

terrykrueger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Twelve Gig in my pocket

I am too much of a wussy to flash with the newest ROM yet so let me bring up a more benign subject. . .

So I have all of these itty bitty Micro SD's now (8,2,1,1) and they are always falling out of my pocket and stuff. I have a case for SD but its just so big and can be left behind easily. Is there any battery door or anything that has a few small compartments to put these things in? I was thinking about building something that permanently attaches to the phone - or just super gluing micro-SD to SD adapters all over the phone, which should increase resale value

And now I miss the mini-sd from the 6700 because at least I could find them easier.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrykrueger View Post
I am too much of a wussy to flash with the newest ROM yet so let me bring up a more benign subject. . .

So I have all of these itty bitty Micro SD's now (8,2,1,1) and they are always falling out of my pocket and stuff. I have a case for SD but its just so big and can be left behind easily. Is there any battery door or anything that has a few small compartments to put these things in? I was thinking about building something that permanently attaches to the phone - or just super gluing micro-SD to SD adapters all over the phone, which should increase resale value

And now I miss the mini-sd from the 6700 because at least I could find them easier.
I keep two MicroSD cards in my battery compartment of my phone. If you slide them against the top of the battery they do not affect the rear cover at all plus i use the Seidio case on top of that. You could probably fit all 4 back there if you wanted. Just a thought, It works for me.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Vinny is a n00b
I was just thinking about this the other day, why doesnt Seido or someone makes this.. the factory battery cover already has ridges on the inside that are the same depth as a microsd crd, it is just a little too narror... widen those out, add a lip to hold the card.. and bam
Old 01-31-2008, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg
there is a case on ebay that has a compartment in it for the micro sd card.

LINK
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-Mogul-Ver...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work
do you guys actually have a situation where you need to swap out micro sd cards? mine never leaves my phone, and it's only 2 gig. I guess you have a lot of music?

I've got mine loaded with music, maps of pennsylvania for mapopolis, and two lucasarts scummvm games. Not to mention all the cab files of all the apps I installed on here. I was thinking of getting an 8 gig for more stuff, but I donno why I'd need to swap out any cards.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Almost a VIP

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwho View Post
do you guys actually have a situation where you need to swap out micro sd cards? mine never leaves my phone, and it's only 2 gig. I guess you have a lot of music?

I've got mine loaded with music, maps of pennsylvania for mapopolis, and two lucasarts scummvm games. Not to mention all the cab files of all the apps I installed on here. I was thinking of getting an 8 gig for more stuff, but I donno why I'd need to swap out any cards.
I have a 4GB and 2 2GB cards. I use the 4 for most everything but I have Navigon installed on one 2GB since it takes up pretty much the whole card and just music on the other 2. The 4GB is all of my programs and everything I use daily.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:08 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3jg View Post
there is a case on ebay that has a compartment in it for the micro sd card.

LINK
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-Mogul-Ver...QQcmdZViewItem
You couldn't pay me $14.95 to put my PPC in that. . Its all about the Seidio . I do miss the extra card slot they had on my 6700 holster.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

srtpusher is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420 View Post
You couldn't pay me $14.95 to put my PPC in that. . Its all about the Seidio . I do miss the extra card slot they had on my 6700 holster.
that case is like the pocket protector of today...
Old 01-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
I keep two MicroSD cards in my battery compartment of my phone. If you slide them against the top of the battery they do not affect the rear cover at all plus i use the Seidio case on top of that. You could probably fit all 4 back there if you wanted. Just a thought, It works for me.
I also roll this way. My 2 extra 4gb cards fit nicely under the battery cover....Because God help me if I didn't have all 12gb of storage on me @the same time.

Emergency!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovendoor View Post
I also roll this way. My 2 extra 4gb cards fit nicely under the battery cover....Because God help me if I didn't have all 12gb of storage on me @the same time.

Emergency!
My problem was a bit different. I really dont care about having all my storage on me its just that with the size of these damn microsd cards they are nearly impossible to keep track of.

Sometimes smaller isnt really better. Wasnt MiniSD really small enough? Pretty soon there will probably be some NanoSD which is a quarter the size of the the Micro and you will have to use jewelers tools to install it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan