PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon xv6800

ffk_pennywise is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help me flash my 6800 ROM back to stock!

Hello,

Yesterday I used the automatic installer program on phoneNews to upgrade my Verizon xv6800 to enable GPS. Its the DCD ROM. I hate my phone now, as a lot of things are no longer working. For the love of all things holy, someone tell me how to put this thing back to its original state. I'm extremely new to this so walk me through with baby steps. What do I need to download and in what order do I install. The only thing I like is the threaded SMS with no delivery notification so if you know how I can keep that, I'd appreciate it. I really need help on this and I really appreciate it. Thanks all!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:57 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Look in the Titan forum for "Titan Flashing for Dummies - a very basic guide"...
Use Search before you take up space with posts that are useless. Not Nothing personal but come on you couldn't find anyone already discussing this? Here is the LAZY link found for you.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9927
And here are people trying to come back from to stock from the 3.16. test rom
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17111

P.S. Welcome to the site SEARCH first lots of info here if you look for it.

Last edited by Lsme420; 01-31-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sprintmogulfan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to sprintmogulfan
I am assuming that you tried to flash back to the original rom and it came back with an error screen. I have the Sprint Mogul version of the Titan and had the same problem when trying to go back to the original rom.

I ran the titan relocker program which is available here at ppcgeeks. Just follow the onscreen instructions. At the end of the relocker process my phone was stuck in bootloader mode. Just leave the phone connected and then start the original rom which should now install without any problem. This worked perfectly for me. Hope this helps!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:02 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ffk_pennywise is a n00b
Look in the Titan forum for "Titan Flashing for Dummies - a very basic guide"...
Use Search before you take up space with posts that are useless. Not Nothing personal but come you couldn't find anyone already discussing this? Here is the LAZY link found for you.

Wow, thanks for the help there. I DID read that guide and I DID use the search button. I'm new to flashing but not to the internet. Nothing personal.

I really just need someone to say "download these two particular files and install in this order". I dont feel like screwing anything up any more than I already have. I need this phone for work so downtime needs to be minimal. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:05 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ffk_pennywise is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintmogulfan View Post
I am assuming that you tried to flash back to the original rom and it came back with an error screen. I have the Sprint Mogul version of the Titan and had the same problem when trying to go back to the original rom.

I ran the titan relocker program which is available here at ppcgeeks. Just follow the onscreen instructions. At the end of the relocker process my phone was stuck in bootloader mode. Just leave the phone connected and then start the original rom which should now install without any problem. This worked perfectly for me. Hope this helps!
So I just need to run Titan Relocker and when it locks up I run the original ROM? Do I need to flash the Radio or anything? That was changed as well when I did the "big upgrade".
Old 01-31-2008, 10:07 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
2.17 Rom had 1.47 radio. and it will change when you flash back. This link says how to do the downgrade.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17111

Last edited by Lsme420; 01-31-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ffk_pennywise is a n00b
Thank you. I'm going to get on that right away.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:52 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ffk_pennywise is a n00b
Alright, I've relocked the phone and its stuck on the tri-color screen. So I should be ready to load the 2.17Rom right? I cannot find that thing. I'm on the ftp site looking in the Titan folder. Am I just overlooking it?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ffk_pennywise is a n00b
Ok, I used Titan Unlocker than ran the Verizon 2.09 ROM. Successfull. However, it wont boot past the initial Verizon screen. Did I miss a step somewhere? Should I have flashed a radio version before the ROM? HELP! I'm pouring over forum threads everywhere and cant seem to get it right.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

theFear13ss is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffk_pennywise View Post
Ok, I used Titan Unlocker than ran the Verizon 2.09 ROM. Successfull. However, it wont boot past the initial Verizon screen. Did I miss a step somewhere? Should I have flashed a radio version before the ROM? HELP! I'm pouring over forum threads everywhere and cant seem to get it right.
Since ppcgeeks was down for a few days I started browsing XDA-Dev's a little more, take a look at this thread, hopefully it will help you. Again, this is stuff thats all over this forum and all over theres too, searching does make it easier for the next guy to find the right answers. Now when someone does the search it's going to hit this thread too, which is by far less useful then some of the others.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=364009

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan