PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Question Cyberon Voice Commander vs. Cyberon Voice Speed Dial vs Microsoft Voice Command?

Ok, I see three voice dialing applications we can use (please add any others that work!):

1.) Cyberon Voice Speed Dial
2.) Cyberon Voice Commander
3.) Microsoft Voice Command

I've searched the forums and came up with a wealth of conflicting and often outdated information. I'd like a concise thread here detailing the differences between them, how they work on the Titan, and any hacks needed to get them to work, in say the latest DCD ROM or WinMo 6.1.

Here are the things I think I know (In italics) and the things I've got questions on (in bold). Certainly feel free to add opinion on functionality, or additional comparison information, or please correct anything that I thought that was wrong, etc etc etc! Thanks! Then I'll update my original post here so we can have a nice comparison thread...

Is what the phone comes with stock
Allows speed dialing only - no system control
Requires voice tagging of each contact
Does not require any hacks to work
Does not do any Text to Speech.

Allows system control
Does not require training / tagging.
Does it do Text to Speech? Can it do Caller ID Announcement, or SMS Announcement?
Does it require any hacks to work?
Can you activate voice recognition from bluetooth headset?

Allows system control
Requires hack to get caller ID announcement to work
Does Text to Speech for Caller ID and SMS senders announcement

Any input on this subject would be great thanks!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:31 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Cyberon Voice Commander vs. Cyberon Voice Speed Dial vs Microsoft Voice Command?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Ok, I see three voice dialing applications we can use (please add any others that work!):

I've searched the forums and came up with a wealth of conflicting and often outdated information. I'd like a concise thread here detailing the differences between them, how they work on the Titan, and any hacks needed to get them to work, in say the latest DCD ROM or WinMo 6.1.

Here are the things I think I know (In italics) and the things I've got questions on (in bold). Certainly feel free to add opinion on functionality, or additional comparison information, or please correct anything that I thought that was wrong, etc etc etc! Thanks! Then I'll update my original post here so we can have a nice comparison thread...

Is what the phone comes with stock
Allows speed dialing only - no system control
Requires voice tagging of each contact
Does not require any hacks to work
Does not do any Text to Speech.

Allows system control
Does it do Text to Speech? Can it do Caller ID Announcement, or SMS Announcement?
Does it require any hacks to work?

Allows system control Yes
Does not require training / tagging.Yes
Requires hack to get caller ID announcement to work Not really there was an issue in some of the builds with 6.1....you just need the correct build and no reg changing is needed....I am currently running 1.6.19958...no problems
Does Text to Speech for Caller ID and SMS senders announcement
yes
Can you activate voice recognition from bluetooth headset? yes...

Any input on this subject would be great thanks!

I dont know about Cyberion...tried it once and didnt like it....

As for MSVC see above....
Old 08-15-2008, 03:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

iampedro is a n00b
Question Re: Cyberon Voice Commander vs. Cyberon Voice Speed Dial vs Microsoft Voice Command?

I own a legit version of MS Voice Command but the latest one that I have is 1.60.4622.0... Where id you get version "1.6.19958"?
Old 08-15-2008, 03:45 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cyberon Voice Commander vs. Cyberon Voice Speed Dial vs Microsoft Voice Command?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampedro View Post
I own a legit version of MS Voice Command but the latest one that I have is 1.60.4622.0... Where id you get version "1.6.19958"?
through the ppcgeek fairy.

I would say those three were probably it, but i only like MSVC out of those three so IMO MSVC is the only way to go.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 08-15-2008, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

treeboy is a n00b

I had a hard time with Cyberon and couldn't get it to work well even after spending the time to tag everything. When I flashed a new ROM I selected MS Voice and I like it much better. MS Voice seems to pick up my "requests" fairly consistently with my antiquated Moto H500 and launches apps well too. I had no idea it could do text to speech I think I'll have to check that out!
PPC 6800, TPII
Westport, CA
Old 08-18-2008, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Wow glad I made this thread. I'll update my original post. Looking thru old threads re: this it seemed like Cyberon was the preffered software. I'll give the MS program a try!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Cool, thanks for this thread. I was about to post the same thing. Looks like the MS one looks the best. I'll play with that a little
Old 08-20-2008, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well more info.
Turns out it doesn't require a HACK to get Microsoft Voice Command to work with Voice Notifications, but it does require a different version then the one you can buy!

I bought the software from handango, and you get 1.60.4622. There is no way to update it thru microsoft that I can tell. That is the latest "retail" version. However they have released newer versions that are OEM on some phones and in the ROM that people have stripped out.

You can "obtain" the installer cab's for other versions, from "torrential" sources. I don't feel bad because I bought this program, I should be entititled to a version that works!

Notifications do NOT work on 4622. But install another version, like 1.6.19209, and they work right away. Just run the cab on overtop your old copy. Bingo they work now.

A great thread on this is:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=391262
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 PM
DLM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

DLM is just getting started

I have MS Voice command installed and working on my Sprint Mogual with one large exception. I can not hear the voice reponse. If I uncheck the conformation setting I can make voice calls. I do hear the tone when it is activated most of the time but no voice. This is using the the device only not trying to get it to work with Bluetooth. I have searched and not found this issue. Any Help appreciated.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:57 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM View Post
I have MS Voice command installed and working on my Sprint Mogual with one large exception. I can not hear the voice reponse. If I uncheck the conformation setting I can make voice calls. I do hear the tone when it is activated most of the time but no voice. This is using the the device only not trying to get it to work with Bluetooth. I have searched and not found this issue. Any Help appreciated.
What ROM are you running? What version of MSVC also? Did you make sure to un-check announce only during free time....I have all working it announces all text messages and e-mails and calls....via BT and phone both....
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan