PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is HTC Home Slow?

I noticed that whenever I flash a new ROM, the speed for switching portrait to landscape is really fast. However, when I install HTC Home 6-tab, it becomes much much slower. It also seems to slow down the overall speed of the phone.

Does anyone else seem to be having the same problem? I'm assuming that I have a bad version or something.

Can anyone post up a version that doesn't cause a slowdown.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
This happens because your ppc has an extra program to startup, and load on your phone, the HTC Home wasnt designed to run on the Mogul, it was hacked too, so it would slow down the device, on the other hand the Touch had it designed to work for it, so no slowdowns, I have it on mine, and for me the slowdown isnt too much.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeriginal View Post
This happens because your ppc has an extra program to startup, and load on your phone, the HTC Home wasnt designed to run on the Mogul, it was hacked too, so it would slow down the device, on the other hand the Touch had it designed to work for it, so no slowdowns, I have it on mine, and for me the slowdown isnt too much.
Ohh okay, I didn't think a program running in the background would make that much difference, but it makes sense that since it wasn't made for the Titan, it wouldn't run as smooth on it. I guess I can just do without it.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
The touch has more ram that's why it seems quicker.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:55 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Maybe somone can enlighten me but I do not understand how a device with 128mb is faster than a device with 64 unless your talking about how many applications can be running in the background? I have always seen it like this:

Lets say we have two identical devices loaded with exactly the same of everything.

On boot up both the 128 & 64 run at the same speed and as you open programs without closing them, it takes memory. Now when you have opened enough programs until the device with 64mb is consumed it should maintain the same speed right?

Kinda like a 120VAC/15A vs 120VAC/20A. Both run a light bulb exactly the same only the 20A circuit can handle more load while the 15A trips.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started
I understand your reasoning but it just doesn't work that way.

Put simply, take a computer with a 80 gig hard drive and one with a 40 gig hard drive, everything else as close to the same as you can get. Fill them both up with 30 gigs of files and the 80 gig system will wipe the floor with the other.

Example 2 would be ram. Take two systems with the same specs and drive size, but one has 512mb of ram and the other 1gig. (for this example it really doesn't matter if hard drive page file is on or off) Open up the office suite and a few web browsers each with 50 tabs or so until you get 400mb physical memory usage on each computer. Again, the computer with more free ram will blow the other one away.

Why? Well, memory access isn't 100% efficient. When you do anything the programs and os are both pulling memory off the stack to use. When it's done opening a file or window or something it will release a lot of memory. Well written programs and operating systems will try to optimize the sections of memory they pull from and may even reallocate in the background. Regardless, after doing a bunch of operations the free memory is scattered all over the place and it becomes a very slow process of trying to find enough addresses to pull for the next task. Whereas, if there's an amount of FREE memory equal to the amount that being used, then rearranging things becomes much less arduous since there's all this temp space available.

Think of it kinda like trying to swap 1/2 the furniture in storage room A with room B, (mind you both rooms are stacked and packed!) and all you have is a hallway connecting them. Now, imagine you have a completely empty room C attatched also and the whole process just became a lot easier.

Last edited by willpower101; 01-28-2008 at 06:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan