PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
dv5
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: Verizon

dv5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

I have made several attempts at getting the GPS to work on my Verizon 6800. I seem to have the correct ROM Version (3.57.605.1) and the correct radio version (3.37.75). I have gone to the site directed by this thread and have downloaded and installed the Valhalla cab file by opening up activesync and dragging Valhalla into My Windows Mobile-Based Device. I have the correct settings under phone and gps on my 6800. It doesn't work. I went back to the site downloaded the uninstall Valhalla and tried to uninstall. It states it did not uninstall the entire program. I then tried to re-install Valhalla. It states that it cannot overwrite the old version but will put the new version on. I did an OK, it installed. It still doesn't work.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong and cannot seem to find anyone here that has continued to have problems. Any ideas?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Is your data connection on? Did you follow all the steps here? http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:08 PM
dv5
Lurker

dv5 is a n00b

Yep, that is the website I used to get the software. I am following the Verizon MR1 GPS instructions as I haven't done any changes. It appears that the data is on. I continue to have email notification.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Test the gps using either gpsview or htc gps tool. And make sure location is turned on from 911 and the gps settings are correct under settings then system. Also I don't think the uninstaller has ever worked for me.

Last edited by drewcam888; 02-06-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
dv5
Lurker

dv5 is a n00b

Ok, I got the download for htc gps tool and will give it a spin. Thanks so much for your help. The location is set to on and the other setting are correct.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: ATT

83SanDimas is a n00b

My GPS stopped working after possibly after installing a very useless Google Gears. That install never worked. I think I uninstalled gears as it is no longer in my program list. I am unable to install thge "Valhalla" uninstall cab. I am also unable to reinstall over the gps fix. What should I do? If it requires a complete wipe should I install MR2?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 AM
dv5
Lurker

dv5 is a n00b

Drewcam888 - I checked the satelite software this weekend and it shows lots of red dots so I guess I have reception. Before it would work I had to go into the program (installed on my storage card) and activate it. Each time I use it I must do this. Perhaps if I move it to my device I would start automatically?

Now, all that said, I have not been able to get on since. At least I know it is possible. Do you think I need to move the Valhalla onto the device rather then my storage card?

I do appreciate all you help.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Mr. Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83SanDimas View Post
My GPS stopped working after possibly after installing a very useless Google Gears. That install never worked. I think I uninstalled gears as it is no longer in my program list. I am unable to install thge "Valhalla" uninstall cab. I am also unable to reinstall over the gps fix. What should I do? If it requires a complete wipe should I install MR2?
Double check all your settings. Hard Reset the phone. You will lose all your data so back it up first. Sounds like the program messed your gps up. I don't know why it did. Stick with MR1. I think MR2 does different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv5 View Post
Drewcam888 - I checked the satelite software this weekend and it shows lots of red dots so I guess I have reception. Before it would work I had to go into the program (installed on my storage card) and activate it. Each time I use it I must do this. Perhaps if I move it to my device I would start automatically? Now, all that said, I have not been able to get on since. At least I know it is possible. Do you think I need to move the Valhalla onto the device rather then my storage card?I do appreciate all you help.
You only install the gps cab once. You never have to run it again. But it should be installed on the device and not the storage card. It kinda sounds like you have done a lot of things. If you don't get blue dots within a minute and your data is on for aGPS then I suggest a hard reset to. You might have messed things up.

Last edited by drewcam888; 02-09-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:42 PM
dv5
Lurker

dv5 is a n00b

I did a hard reset and it seems to work - on occasion. Thanks so much
Old 02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Mr. Chevy

This should work all the time. Not on occasion. What is the status?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan