PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bamrock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
weird problem with new Hard-SPL installed...

So I just updated the Hard-SPL with what I got from this link
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...746#post168746

And now I'm having a weird problem. Everything worked fine, I ran the .bat and it installed reset...it says on the bootloader:

TITA100 MFG
SPL-2.40.Olipro
CPLD-9

The phone boots....everything seems fine....until the screen turns off. Then it won't turn back on again. It seems like it's stuck in a sleep mode or something, I have to reset the phone to get the screen back on again. Kinda weird right? Anyone else notice any problems or anything?
Here's my dilemma...I know I'm trying to run the latest and greatest and sometimes you have to deal with a few issues but I definitely need my phone since it's the only one I have (man I miss SIM cards!) I have a ROM flashed that I believe is an official...but not 100% sure. I obviously need a different bootloader but which would you guys recommend to me if I'm not sure I have an official ROM (it's been a while since I've played with the phone and I'm not sure what, if anything, I've upgraded since my last official ROM) Also if I flash an official Sprint ROM will it touch the bootloader? I don't think it will.
Any help is REALLY appreciated...thanks in advance and sorry if this is a bit wordy.

The best in tech and everything else!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bamrock is a n00b
Hope I'm not annoying anyone! Here's a quick update.
I went to the Re-locker 1.06 bootloader and it seems like it's working now even though I've only ran it for a few minutes. But my ROM loads...it wakes from "sleep" and everything seems fine again. But I really wanted to try out that new ROM and I need the new bootloader for that so I'm still curious if anyone had any kind of issues like mine.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

chazman is just getting started
I am having the same issue. I am now trying to go back to 1.06.

I used DCD's ROM and the 3.27 Radio ROM. I dunno if that was the issue, but the sleep thing is happening to me exactly as you described.

Update: It still happens even when I revert back to 2.17. Definitely is the 2.40 bootloader or how I have it installed. The problem went away when I reverted the bootloader back to 1.06.

Chaz

Last edited by chazman; 01-27-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bamrock is a n00b
I used the "unofficially official" ROM or whatever you want to call it. But it wasn't DCD's it was just the regular old one. To fix my problem I used the Re-locker bootloader and then upgraded the ROM from the SD card. It's working fine now. Hopefully this stuff will help someone.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:24 PM
N00b

What bootloader are you using now bamrock?
Old 01-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
new unlcoker is only compatible with new roms:
3.xx (IE: 3.16) roms and associated radios require 2.xx (2.05 stock or 2.40 unlocker) SPL
Earlier roms/radios are not compatible with this new bootloader
Old 01-27-2008, 07:00 PM
N00b

OK. So I should have installed 3.16 with stock or relocked ROM. Then upgrade the bootloader to 2.40.

Got it. Thanks ImCoKeMaN

Chaz
Old 01-28-2008, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bamrock is a n00b
That's what it is then cokeman...thanks for the clarification and all your work around here.
BTW I went to the bootloader that is used in the re-locker. Then upgraded the new ROM and that put whichever bootloader on there that it does.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

SlamDance is a n00b
I haven't been able to revert to 1.06 using the relocker. I have to establish an activesync connection to flash it, but the command line process ends with the phone in the bootloader screen --> I can't establish activesync with the phone in the bootloader screen. Am I supposed to press the reset button then flash?? What's the deal? Thbx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan