PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul No longer charging... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16976)

dkincaid 01-27-2008 07:51 AM

Mogul No longer charging...

Hey Gang,

My mogul is no longer charging for some reason. I woke up this morning, plugged it in...battery indicator doesn't change. I've tried USB, wall jack, and car. No go.

Any thoughts? Battery issue maybe?

D

rambrush 01-27-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkincaid (Post 169945)
Hey Gang,

My mogul is no longer charging for some reason. I woke up this morning, plugged it in...battery indicator doesn't change. I've tried USB, wall jack, and car. No go.

Any thoughts? Battery issue maybe?

D

I had to take Mogul # 2 back because of this and now on # 3.
They tried there chargers at the store and repair ctr nothing they could do to get it to go.

dkincaid 01-27-2008 08:45 AM

I have the replacement plan. I've heard some stories though that it can take like three weeks to get the replacement phone. Is this true? I absolutely cannot go that long without this phone. I do a lot of business travel.

rambrush 01-27-2008 08:59 AM

If they would have had one there it would have happened that day, so you can check the sprint store service ctr in your area. I had to wait about 3 days for my to arrive. Mine was also covered under the plan. It will a refurbished unit but this appears much better than the 1st 2 I had.

chazman 01-27-2008 09:40 AM

Thats really weird. Mine quit charging today too. I can get it to work by wiggling the cord so it definitely seems to be a hardware problem not software. I have been playing around with all these roms and I though I had screwed it up somehow. But the wiggle in the cord thing just makes me think all the syncing and plugging and unplugging just wore the jack out.

Chaz

dkincaid 01-27-2008 10:53 AM

That is my issue as well. I can't get mine to work by wiggling it though. BUT, my initial concern is that maybe there is something with this Rom causing the problem.

Has anyone else had this happen that just updated to 3.16?

rambrush 01-27-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazman (Post 169962)
Thats really weird. Mine quit charging today too. I can get it to work by wiggling the cord so it definitely seems to be a hardware problem not software. I have been playing around with all these roms and I though I had screwed it up somehow. But the wiggle in the cord thing just makes me think all the syncing and plugging and unplugging just wore the jack out.

Chaz

But my problem and others is not the jack, I tried the original battery as I keep it nearby and they tried one at the repair center and still would not come to life and charge. Thus its a great thing to pay extra for the insurance.

dkincaid 01-27-2008 10:58 AM

My phone is running, and it would charge up until last night. It also will not sync any longer.

I guess more than likely it's something with the jack, I'm just paranoid now that there is something with this ROM that is screwing things up. Anyone want to put my OCD to rest here? hehe

D

Baffles 01-27-2008 12:53 PM

Charging is not controlled by software, it is all hardware, so a ROM won't affect it. Especially if the battery is dead and the phone isn't even on.

dkincaid 01-27-2008 01:01 PM

Wow, I feel like a dumbass now.

So, after a lot more messing around with the USB connectors, I was finally able to determine that it IS in fact a conector issue on the phone. I was able to bend the parts inside the female connector just enough to get it to work again. What a pain in the ass though. I'm sure this is happening to lots of people that sync/charge often.

Anyways, thanks for your help! Don't flame me TOO bad now! :)

D