PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Lurker

t[a]ylor is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New rom woes.

I ran the new room, it stopped at the 11% as expect and then ran on through. It reached 100% and said your new rom is installed, from there I tried to use my phone and I was stuck in bootloader with the 4 colored lines and I cant get out of it, I tried to install my old rom, 2.17, and the computer is saying that my mogul has no disk image mounted, so like, theres no rom on my phone and the rom on the computer wont work. I have 100% bricked the phone and I cant get out of the boot loader. PLEASE HELP ME, FLAME ME, what ever, just please I'm in serious need of some help.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ecker is keeping up the good workecker is keeping up the good work
taylor.. no worries. i can almost promise you didn't brick your phone. what operating system are you on? xp or vista?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
You've gotta relock to go back to old OS. By the way, there is a way to extract the nbh file, load it to a mini sd and then flash from there.

EDIT by ImCoKeMaN:

The old unlocker doesn't work with this rom, get the update here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...746#post168746

If you only want the essentials and to remain unlocked you might want to check out this post by shadowmite:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...441#post168441

I have found that if you have issues where your device seems to be bricked and stuck in bootloader before completion of the update you can fix it by flashing via SD card.

To do this there are 3 steps:

First take the .exe file and open it with winrar. There will be a file 3.16.....nbh extract that and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh

Next format a microSD card with FAT 32 (required most are fat16 default) and copy the file TITAIMG.nbh to the root of the sd card with a card reader.

Finally place sdcard in device and reset into bootloader mode. The flash will proceed from the SD card and it should work fine. Enjoy!

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 01-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I'm on vista.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I cant format my microSD, A. the phone wont connect to the computer so I couldn't even if I wanted to, and also, B. I have a lot of important information on the microSD card.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ecker is keeping up the good workecker is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by t[a]ylor View Post
I cant format my microSD, A. the phone wont connect to the computer so I couldn't even if I wanted to, and also, B. I have a lot of important information on the microSD card.
do you have a camera or printer or something else that can read a microSD card? if not.. you might have to pick up a card reader for your computer or go to a friends pc that can do so to do this method...

i got mine out of the boot loader on vista with some playing around...

did you take your battery out and put it back in? still in boot loader? if so.. try the re-locker posted on the cokemans section on the websites ftp..

just try playing around with it.. you should get it.. or do that flashing via your memory card when you get a chance..
Old 01-26-2008, 10:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Try to reloc. Plug the phone to the USB and then try to reloc. From most of what I read it's connected even though you don't think it is.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I910
Carrier: Verizon

webleeper is just getting started
I had this same issue today when I went to install the new rom... What worked for me was the following.
1. Put the phone in bootloader mode... Yes, even if it says it's in bootloader mode
2. Run the bootloader install again.
3. Once it's done re-installing(Happens really quick), disconnect and reconnect the usb cable.
4. Run the rom install again and all should be good.
I had to do a hard reset after this install but once everything came back up, everything worked as it should.

Good luck
Old 01-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thanks for all of the advice guys, I've tried all of what you guys are saying and none of it has worked, I think I might need to buy a microSD card reader like was mentioned. If anyone else has any input, it is great appreciated.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work
No you don't need microsd to do the work

Download dcd version, it should work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362566

Just run it even the phone is on 3 bar

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan