PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 02:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

t[a]ylor is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
still not getting any love. i 100% bricked it.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work
you need to use xp and do my step, vista wont do
Old 01-27-2008, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

geeserver is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by t[a]ylor View Post
still not getting any love. i 100% bricked it.
It is hard to brick the phone. I thought I bricked mine but i finally got it to work on another computer that I have laying around with XP on it. I was using my Mac with Parallels with XP and never could get past 13%.

I would try this ROM on another computer with xp. If you dont have another computer call up a friend.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

crazy thing happened, I left it off all night and I came in to just randomly turn the phone on and it booted all the way to the "touch here to set up the phone" screen, then my battery died and I cant get back to the screen. Soooooo frustrating.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

to everyone who helped me or may be in a similar situation, here is what I did.

I held the power button and did the soft reset several times, effectively doing a 100% power off

I left the phone to charge for about 2 hours, the phone LED turns red.

I took the battery out after about two hours for about 30 seconds and put the battery back in

I powered the phone on and the sprint loader popped up, the legit one with the HTC logo and "this is a test, not for sale" came up. ecstatic at this point more or less.

the phone booted and went to the ROM customizer that Sprint provides us. It installed without a hitch and the phone restarted as it does.

I then had to repeat the first few steps to get back to Windows Mobile.

At the home screen everything was fine and working, took about 3 mins to find reception and everything was banging. but...

I had no phone number so I had to call *2 and talk to someone to reactivate the phone, they gave me a special number and I got to edit the radio.

overall I guess patience paid off and the phone somehow reset its self I suppose.

Thanks for all of the help that you guys offered, I really appreciate it a lot. To anyone who is in this situation, GOOD LUCK and I hope my post helps.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SPRINT MOGUL HTC 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

trini40 is a n00b
Exclamation More info on this problem

Hey Taylor, i had the same problem while trying to install this rom. These guys at ppcgeeks took care of me...i used the "FLASH" method and it worked fine...i went to Bestby and for the card-reader....you must format the card if your going to use this method "format card using fat32 system"..otherwise it would not read when placed into device with extracted file...all this info is posted somewhere on the thread....this part is very important...

"IF YOU LOSE YOUR PHONE PROVISIONING SERVICE"...meaning ...your not able to make calls from your phone try this..

I HAD TO CALL SPRINT FOR THIS INFORMATION...BUT I WROTE IT ALL DOWN..LOL

YOU'LL HAVE TO CORRECT YOUR (MSD AND MDIS NUMBERS) IF YOUR USING A SPRINT SERVICE AND YOUR PHONE IS A MOGUL 6800 LIKE MINES, ALSO, SPRINT HAS TRANSFERED MY ACCOUNT TO THERE NEW TECH. SYSTEM....I HAD TO BE TRANSFERED TO ANOTHER DEPT. FOR THESE INSTRUCTIONS...PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND.

FROM YOUR PHONE KEY-PAD ENTER ##322434# THIS SHOULD TAKE YOU TO A (EPST PROGRAMING SCREEN )WITH THREE BOTTONS...VIEW, EDIT AND CANCEL...TAP THE BUTTON THAT SAYS EDIT...THE NEXT SCREEN SHOULD HAVE YOUR (MSD AND MDIS) NUMBERS....BECAUSE OF THE FLASHING ROM METHOD I'M THINKING THESE NUMBERS WERE CHANGED, BOTH NUMBERS SHOULD BE YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER...NOW YOU'LL HAVE TO CHANGE THEM.

HI-LITE THE MSD NUMBER WITH ONE TAP

WHEN THIS IS COMPLETED...THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE SCREEN YOU'LL SEE A MENU BUTTON, TAP THE MENU BUTTON...THEN SELECT EDIT....YOU'LL NOW BE ABLE TO CHANGE THIS NUMBER AND INPUT YOUR CELL NUMBER..FOLLOW THE SAME STEPS FOR YOUR MDIS NUMBER WHEN BOTH NUMBERS ARE CHANGED TO YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER TAP THE OK BOTTON ...YOU'LL GET A SMALL MENU SAYING "PRESS OK TO RESET DEVICE" HIT OK YOUR DEVICE SHOULD NOW RESET AND WITHIN 30 MINS YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE AND RECIEVE CALLS ONCE AGAIN...

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND ANYONE ELSE THAT RAN INTO THE SAME PROBLEM...OH BY THE WAY,,THE GPS ON GOOGLE MAPS WORKS FINE WHEN IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE..

TAKE CARE.=D>=D>=D>

JAH BLESS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan