PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Do you have ROM release working 100%? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16928)

ecker 01-26-2008 08:47 PM

Do you have ROM release working 100%?

I don't mean bug-less b/c that would be a miracle on our WM devices...but, as a Titan user.. do you have the new 3.16 ROM with GPS/REV-A working as it is intended.

I just want to get a basis of how many got it working and how many have problems...as a reference...

Thanks for feedback!

EtherealRemnant 01-26-2008 09:19 PM

Working great besides the normal Titan issue of memory management. The ROM really beats down the memory. I get 17MB free on a soft reset...

GPS is buggy too. Windows Live doesn't really like it too much. It froze my phone a few times trying to get satellites so I just use Google.

rangie 01-26-2008 09:37 PM

It's working good so far.

Live hung on me too before the GPS had dialed in. Today no trouble. It aquires much faster and Live Search works fine.

A2DP seems better than 2.17.

EVDO is faster.

Less free RAM than 2.17 and it seems a little less quick.

ecker 01-26-2008 09:49 PM

i know you guys are saying less RAM, but that is not happening on my end... even after installing all my usual apps/proggies my RAM is the same, if not very close to before the update... i'm at about 21-22 free with nothing running..

100% on my end :)

22.47 to be exact after running sk tools free up tool

thomlanphear 01-26-2008 09:56 PM

I installed it earlier today used Google maps and sprint navigation earlier going to dinner, the gps worked great, it was fast downloading the google maps satellite as we drove. Overall I am extremely happy. i haven't tried BT yet maybe tomorrow overall I extremely happy with new rom!!! Finally!!!!!!

JudasD 01-26-2008 10:05 PM

So far i am happy as well. GPS works great with Live search, BT works nice. The memory appears about the same to me.

JD

themuffinman 01-26-2008 10:51 PM

After a soft reset I still get about 20 or 21 mb. I have tried live maps, google maps and sprintnav, and all three works perfectly but I like sprintnav the best. Good data and voice, bluetooth works well so far, really nothing for me to specifically complain about.

(fingers crossed)

neodorian 01-26-2008 10:52 PM

After some screwing around with re-provisioning, I have my phone connecting to EVDO quickly after reset.

I have fast upload speeds that show RevA is working.

I can now get a relatively reliable GPS signal when outdoors and often inside.

I don't know about BT because I don't use it.

Memory seems decent. I haven't got much installed yet since I have been resetting a lot while getting it all working.

Lsme420 01-26-2008 10:53 PM

Ya Buddy I almost got lost heading to PPC geeks tonight but I didn't why you ask? GPS. Cant complain about this unofficial Rom at all. It annoys me a bit to think how much more stable a beta leaked ROM is than some of the ROM's they released. Also makes me think about all the cats that ran to the touch when their bt didn't work. :) As for the PIE and the interweb I had nice speeds surfing on my phone and tethered to my pc. I don't know how to act now that I cant complain about Sprint.

ecker 01-27-2008 12:41 AM

i wish this could be stickied temporarily.. but i know that won't happen :(