PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   My Computers can't detect my Mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16860)

JoeBobOneHalf 01-26-2008 01:35 AM

My Computers can't detect my Mogul

Ok, I may be stupid, but for some reason my Compy won't recognize my phone. I have tried plugging it in to both of my XP computers and they don't make the sound that it recognizes my phone (These are computers that have recognized it before.) the power light on the phone goes on so I know the USB cable isn't bad, but it isn't connecting. Am I doing something simple wrong?

JoeBobOneHalf 01-26-2008 01:50 AM

IT detects my wife's Mogul no problem, but mine it does nothing

gguruusa 01-26-2008 01:56 AM

What's different between your two phones?

Same cable being used in both cases?

JoeBobOneHalf 01-26-2008 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 168680)
What's different between your two phones?

Same cable being used in both cases?

Yes, same cables. Both phones have same rom (2.17) both have about the same programs. Already tried rebooting both compy and PPC, to no avail

JoeBobOneHalf 01-26-2008 02:38 AM

I just reinstalled active sync, and my phone still refuses to connect to my pc. this is really frustrating

watson540 01-26-2008 03:46 AM

doesnt really sound like a problem for the upgrade forum, but in any case..go to settings, connections, usb-to-pc and make sure the advanced functionality is off..(if i remember correctly..it's one or the other dont worry)

speedygraphixink 01-26-2008 08:33 PM

check ur usb connection on ur phone. make sure all five pins are ok. I had the same problem till I checked that and fixed a bent pin. hope that helps.

JoeBobOneHalf 01-26-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watson540 (Post 168762)
doesnt really sound like a problem for the upgrade forum, but in any case..go to settings, connections, usb-to-pc and make sure the advanced functionality is off..(if i remember correctly..it's one or the other dont worry)

I guess i figured here because I'm trying to upgrade my phone and I ran into this problem. Tried that and it didn't work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedygraphixink (Post 169432)
check ur usb connection on ur phone. make sure all five pins are ok. I had the same problem till I checked that and fixed a bent pin. hope that helps.

They look ok to me, at least they look the same as my wife's. The special 5 pin headphones work on it so wouldn't that point in the direction that they are all working? I called Sprint today and he was as puzzled as I was. On a long shot he had me do a hard reset. All that did was give me an excuse to reinstall all my programs on my MicroSD card. He sudjested I shell out 50 bucks to get my phone replaced on insurence or wait the time for it to get repaired butboth senerios are aweful. Does anyone have any other ideas

JoeBobOneHalf 01-27-2008 12:51 AM

Should I go in and get it fixed/replaced? I had a bad experience with referbs when I had Verizon (four LG vx8500s three samsung u740s in 7 months), would a Sprint replacement have problems or am I just parinoid?

zoomie 01-27-2008 07:14 AM

Possible Solution:

On phone
Go Settings/Connections/ Under: USB to PC
Uncheck "enable advance network functionality

Active sync will then work like a charm