PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hard Reset question!!

When I do a hard reset on my XV6800, what exactly happens?

Does it also reset the bootloader to the stock bootloader version from Verizon and is it locked??? I know the data was wiped clean and the ROM was reloaded, but I not sure if the bootloader is back to factory version???

TIA

Daryl
Old 01-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
No. the bootloader remains the same. The only thing changed is all the data on your device.

Your ROM version also doesn't change. For that, you have to reflash.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work
Thank you Saumaun.... would you happen to know if I can get my hands on the stock VZW bootloader for the XV6800? I have tried the one I found somewhere around here with the Titan re-locker but it has some extra characters on the bootloader screen that i think may belong to the sprint bootloader?? not sure... When I get back in about an hour I'll attach a pic of the bootloader screen and maybe you can see if its right..

thx again for replying

Daryl
Old 01-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
I was under the impression that the bootloader works for the Sprint, Alltel, and Verizon ROMS...

But I m probably mistaken. I actually need to recuse myself from your case. I honestly don't think I'm skilled enough with the mogul's bootloader to help you. If this was the 6700, thats another story

I would start another thread with a title like "VZW Bootloader Issue"

That should draw some attention from more qualified ppcgeeks!

Sorry!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan