PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hard Reset?

As some of you may not believe, I have never had to reset my phone manually....

so I decided to hard reset it prior to installing the new Rom...

so what do I do now that i pushed the buttons and I'm at the bootloader screen? I have never unlocked either.

yes i searched....but there are so many references to hard reset that dont tell you how to do it you wouldnt believe it

Last edited by itsall_cooool; 01-26-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

ikonradio is a n00b
I had to hard reset last week and it just flashed back to how I had the device upon purchsing
Old 01-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
yeah well... I need to know how to do it?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

ikonradio is a n00b
Apparently theres a couple ways you can hard reset on the Mogul. The way I had to do it was holding down the L and R soft keys above the "answer" and "end call" buttons and soft reset all at the same time
Old 01-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Verizon

edgeoffranklin is a n00b
To hard reset you can either hold down power button, the button that looks like a cassette tape, and soft reset at the same time or the two -- buttons and soft reset at the same time.
Then on your screen ( it will be dark and hard to see) it will ask you something, I forget, but just press Y on your slide out key pad. This should reset but you will lose all your extra programs. I have my cabs saved on my storage card so all I have to do is reinstall the ones I like. This should not take very long and you ppc should run smoother.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
nevermind I thought it was an apache.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Well I have done all that and got to the bootloader screen......... I have never unlocked or anything......... It says serial at the bottom of the tri-color screen. I guess I will try that unsticker, didnt think it was so complicated or that was necessary unless you were flashing a new Rom

everything is stock on my device, 2.17 rom

I'm sure there's a simple step I'm missing at the end here

its really impossible to find by searching, because everytime someone recommends a 'hard reset' to cure a problem in a thread thats what comes up. I've read through... 500 or so posts already

Last edited by itsall_cooool; 01-26-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:51 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
For a Mogul hard reset, you simply press and hold the two softkeys (two buttons under the screen with a dot on them). While holding those buttons, use your stylus to press and release the reset button at the bottom of your phone.

Continue to hold the softkeys until you get a gray screen with blue writing. Follow the instructions and you are hard reset.

A hard reset should always be done after installing a ROM different from the one you previously had.

A hard reset removes all software/settings you have installed after updating a ROM (clean slate).

Old 01-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
Well I have done all that and got to the bootloader screen......... I have never unlocked or anything......... It says serial at the bottom of the tri-color screen. I guess I will try that unsticker, didnt think it was so complicated or that was necessary unless you were flashing a new Rom

everything is stock on my device, 2.17 rom

I'm sure there's a simple step I'm missing at the end here

its really impossible to find by searching, because everytime someone recommends a 'hard reset' to cure a problem in a thread thats what comes up. I've read through... 500 or so posts already

When all else fails, RTFM:
Quote:
Hard Reset

You can also perform a hard reset (also known as a full reset). A hard reset should be performed only if a normal reset does not solve a system problem. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings — the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. Any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on the device will be lost. Only Windows Mobile software and other pre-installed programs will remain.

To perform a hard reset:

1. Press and hold both softkeys on the device. Keep these keys pressed, and at the same time, use the stylus to lightly press and hold the RESET button on the bottom of your device.

2. Release the stylus but keep the softkeys pressed when you see the following message on your device screen:
“Do you want to erase all user data and restore to manufacture default?”

3. Slide open the hardware keyboard, and press R to restore to factory default or press X to exit the hard reset process.

Note:
Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Please ensure any additional installed programs and user data have been backed up before a hard reset is performed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan