PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Angry What the H3ll Gives>?>?

So im on way from the bank to get a new debit card, and im using Windows Live search for Gps.. And had to make a call en route..So my phone decides to freeze..so I think, oh just another soft-reset. No big deal, well when I soft reset, it booted to the windows screen..and just EFFING SAT THERE!! I tried resetting again, and again...Same thing. So i decided to just let it sit let it do its thing for about 15 minutes and still didnt boot. What the h3ll????

Im running the latest 3.16 rom. I wasnt running a custom rom b4 upgrading, so it was a "clean" update. I have a bunch of 3rd party apps on my phone, but only live search and phone were running. I am using one of the iphone dialers as well. S2U2 wasnt active either. SOoo i had to do a dreaded hard reset 3 days after updating. My question is, has anyone else had this happen to them? I mean im by NO MEANS a rookie or noob, and through a 6600, 6700, treo 700wx, and motoq, this has NEVER happened to me. Any ideas what could have happened? Im stumped as I use my phone for EVERYTHING and never had this happen b4.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Have you tried a hard reset? If a hard reset doesn't work, try downgrading back to an older ROM, if that doesn't work then it's time to exchange your phone .
Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Did you let the customizations run on the first boot after the reflash?
Old 01-28-2008, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
yes i did let the cust. run. I mean a hard reset works but im trying to find the root to this problem. I was trying to see if anyone had the same thing happen to them but thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started
Success100, The only time my phone seems to hang is when it's searching for GPS but can't find the signal. And even then I can usually get out of it w/o even a soft reset.

With this test-rom , I wouldnt get too "settled in" with all kinds of fancy customizations and stuff, cause then your chance for *something* to go wrong kind of skyrockets. And you lose a lot more if/when you have to hard reset.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started
a better title may have been something like "Stuck at Windows screen 3 days after 3.16 update"
Old 01-28-2008, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower101 View Post
a better title may have been something like "Stuck at Windows screen 3 days after 3.16 update"
oh yeah thanks a bunch that helps out SOOO much
Old 01-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
oh yeah thanks a bunch that helps out SOOO much
It actually does, since many people won't bother trying to help you if you don't properly ask or follow the guidelines of the forum. Its good advice.

To answer your original question, I've had that happen before with my custom roms, although I don't know why. Usually the second soft-reset takes care of it, and it boots right up finally getting past the green windows screen. Its odd. I've never had to hard-reset though... eventually it boots.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Lurker

dannimal is a n00b
What gives is that you used a leaked, beta (at best), not for public consumption ROM.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor
I may be new here, but in no n00b to any of this buisness.

Thants exactly what gives.... you loaded an UNOFFICIAL rom.... notice the " test only " when you boot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan