PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox Thera, XV-6600, XV-6700, XV-6800, OmniaII
Carrier: Verizon

Bonqu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New 6800 broken, but I like it that way

I dropped my XV6800 and smashed in one of the side buttons (left side Text Bubble one). I got a new one via warranty and set it up just fine.

Last night I noticed that the new one has an issue with the back light. When it should go off for lack of use it gets very, very dim but not off. I can replicate this by setting the light to it lowest setting in the control panel. It does turn off when the device turns off, so thats still good.

Now the thing is I like it this way. I think its perfect in a dark room or theater, I have good eyes

Now the question I have is, has any one seen this before and do you think it will have any impact on the device?!?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

drew826 is a n00b
I don't think there's anything broken about it. I've seen this happen on the only 2 6800s I've ever seen in person: mine and a friend's. I usually turn mine off and don't see it, but sometimes it will just turn off the backlight like that without turning off the screen (well, I assume that's what it does). I like it too, in a dark room. I need to figure out how to make it do that more consistently.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
There is no issue here, that is how it's supposed to function if you set your backlight to it.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Dagger969 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Dagger969
thats how its supposed to be. I have one of the jacked up ones that after the initial 10 seconds or so, it just turns the screen off. Very annoying.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
If that's not how the returned 6800 worked, then that's the one that was faulty.

Every Pocket PC I've ever owned would turn the backlight off completely if I slid the brightness bar all the way to the left. This was a very nice surprise when I was looking to buy the 6800. I wish the backlight worked like that on all my previous PPCs
Old 01-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox Thera, XV-6600, XV-6700, XV-6800, OmniaII
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Bonqu is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
There is no issue here, that is how it's supposed to function if you set your backlight to it.
My last one didn't do it and I have never seen any PPC do it before. It’s not a setting. normally when in the back light CP when you move the slider all the way to the left the light should go out completely, but is stays on in a very, very dim capacity
Old 01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonqu View Post
My last one didn't do it and I have never seen any PPC do it before. It’s not a setting. normally when in the back light CP when you move the slider all the way to the left the light should go out completely, but is stays on in a very, very dim capacity
To each his own buddy, every ppc i've ever owned has done this, and if it didnt do it out of the box then: Start - Settings - System - Backlight - slide the bar to the left.... just that easy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan