PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Very weird SMS problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16751)

gc14 01-24-2008 06:39 PM

Very weird SMS problem

Here's a very odd glitch I encountered with SMS, maybe one of you guys will know more about it.

It happens when I send a text message and it sends correctly (I get the message sent notification, message goes in my sent messages box etc) and/or I receive a text message from someone else in my text message in box, and the phone locks up shortly after.

I'm not saying the problem is the phone locking up, I'm just saying IF it locks up and I'm forced to soft reset, I found to have text messages missing that I previously had before the freeze. For example, I receive Text Message A in my inbox, and I send Text Message B and it sends fine. I also have old text messages C, D, & E in my inbox, and old sent messages, F, G, and H in my sent messages box. If my phone locks up and I soft reset, Text Message A and B will be gone, like they never existed, while C,D,E,F,G,H will remain intact.

Anyone have ANY idea what's up with that? So far no one on xda has responded so I'm assuming they don't know.

Thanks guys!

Spencer_Moore 01-24-2008 06:59 PM

this happens on all the wm phones ive had.....u kno how when the battery is low ur supposed to save and stuff...when it locks up its basically not saving what u ddi for the past few minutes and when u soft reset its basically jsut restarts without saving....ive been trying to find a way to fix it but have had no luckk...idk why it locks up....this happens to me all the time though

hope this helped to some level and if anyone can give a more detalied answer it would be much appreciated

ViPaDawG 01-24-2008 08:25 PM

that's weird that your phone locks up. i myself haven't experienced this issue, however, the not saving part, i DO know about. try a hard reset, and see if that remedies, if not, I suggest getting a replacement.

jramos402 01-24-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcincotta (Post 167307)
Here's a very odd glitch I encountered with SMS, maybe one of you guys will know more about it.

It happens when I send a text message and it sends correctly (I get the message sent notification, message goes in my sent messages box etc) and/or I receive a text message from someone else in my text message in box, and the phone locks up shortly after.

I'm not saying the problem is the phone locking up, I'm just saying IF it locks up and I'm forced to soft reset, I found to have text messages missing that I previously had before the freeze. For example, I receive Text Message A in my inbox, and I send Text Message B and it sends fine. I also have old text messages C, D, & E in my inbox, and old sent messages, F, G, and H in my sent messages box. If my phone locks up and I soft reset, Text Message A and B will be gone, like they never existed, while C,D,E,F,G,H will remain intact.

Anyone have ANY idea what's up with that? So far no one on xda has responded so I'm assuming they don't know.

Thanks guys!

Yeah something like that happened to me yesterday too. I got a picture message and opened it and when i pressed the x to exit the screen the phone froze on me. I soft reset and the picture message I had just got a minute earlier and successfully opened was gone. I was wondering the same thing.

gc14 01-24-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

that's weird that your phone locks up. i myself haven't experienced this issue, however, the not saving part, i DO know about. try a hard reset, and see if that remedies, if not, I suggest getting a replacement.
It doesn't lock up every time. I was just saying that IF by chance the phone locks up, I lose the latest text in my inbox, and the latest in my sent messages. Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem though. It's very annoying.

Poestaboy 01-25-2008 09:40 PM

for some Reason Recently...when i try to send a text...it freezes...Or when i press the letter A on the key board..it freezes...i dont kno what to do now