PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

WeakEK is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Double Alarm??

Hey guys,
Im having some trouble with my alarm. I have my alarm set to 9:55pm everyday and whenever it goes off, there are 2 reminders and plays the alarm tone twice like 1 sec after the other.

Also my alarm goes off at times that i deleted. I set it to 10:25am a couple of times, and have since deleted it and it goes off everyday at that time.

I at first thought it might have been a phonealarm problem, but cant seem to find any option in the settings that would account for it.

I cant seem to find out what the problem is. Any ideas will help. Thank you.

Programs I am running:
Phonealarm
Weatherpanel
Ilauncher
Pocketbreeze
Old 10-10-2007, 03:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Phonealarm has control over the phone alarms... instead of making alarms in the clock settings, make them with phonealarm...

I could be totally wrong, i only used it for a few days like 2 weeks ago... so its fragmented memory, lol...
Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I've seen the double alarm problem too, but it just went away on it's own and I don't use PhoneAlarm.

Try powering the device off and remove the battery. If I remeber correctly, I think mine went away after the battery died.

-Polen
Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
This is probably due to a duplicate notification problem. Try using MemMaid in order to clean up your notification DB...

And for alarms, I use pTravelAlaram, which I have found does not suffer the same problem as the built in Mogul delayed alarms...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 01-10-2008, 09:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

bzxzlg is a n00b
Question What's different from the WM6 versions over the last couple of months?

This problem has been around for some time (WM5, WM6) though I'm not sure of the fix. I have noticed for me that it wasn't prevalent in the helmi_c OCT and NOV kitchens but has reappeared in the DEC one. Not sure if it has something to do with the recipe I used in those loads - have attached my latest Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selections.txt (18 DEC 07) and can provide the ones I used prior if anyone is interested.

My background:
Since the wife and I are on totally different times, I utilise my Apache's alarm for my clock. I get single notifications M-Th for the two (2) alarms set - but get this - on Friday, I get 3 or 4 for each; Go figure. This is the way is always was with the two (2) SPCS WM5 stock loads I had and as indicated above it looks to be hit or miss in WM6.

Last edited by bzxzlg; 01-10-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G on Boost
Carrier: boost mobile

tlhop911 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tlhop911 Send a message via MSN to tlhop911 Send a message via Yahoo to tlhop911 Send a message via Skype™ to tlhop911
here's the answer

the answer to all of this is the repeat is on for the alarm . i had this problem and went to the local sprint store and they said check the settings and low and behold the repeat was checked( this is done by default). i felt like an idiot for something so simple.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
i have that problem too, and if that fixes it, cool, but just because the sound repeats, the notification shouldn't repeat also. it is a flaw. i am using the regular 2.17.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

bzxzlg is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhop911 View Post
the answer to all of this is the repeat is on for the alarm . i had this problem and went to the local sprint store and they said check the settings and low and behold the repeat was checked( this is done by default). i felt like an idiot for something so simple.
I unfortunately don't think this is the "fix" ... As stated in my reply, I only get multiples on Friday (of all days) ... Today, my 0515 and 0530 both gerenerated 3 alarms each and the header stated "1 of 3" in each instance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan