PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Segoe UI Question

Has anyone installed the Segoe_UI cab... it installs the font Segoe UI. But when I use the screen in portrait mode everything is cut off on the bottom... does anyone know where to adjust the font size for this in the registry? I looked everwhere seems pretty well hidden.

Nice font cab though, but not Mogul friendy.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

geeserver is becoming a great contributor
Re: Segoe UI Question

I like it. The font does run off the screen or bunch together but in windows that are not used all the time. The font has a problem rendering at the GPS setting for 911 in the phone menu.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

I was actually about to post this cab. Ive been using the Segoe cab for weeks now...I LOVE it. I had to enlarge it, and make sure cleartype is on, b/c this font was made for LCD screens. With that said, it makes the font on s2u2 very small. the only other issue is in the alarm clock screen. Either way This font makes the mogul feel MUCH more modern and gives everything a much cleaner look

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Success... you dont find that when in Portrait Mode that things cut off in the bottom? If not what did ya do to modify this?
Old 02-29-2008, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i dont have that problem. care to post some screenies of what ur describing?
Old 02-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i was using this font exclusively until i found Calibri... in my opinion they look similar in some respects, but i like how calibri renders numbers and also how it spaces the characters out a lil better for my liking....

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 PM
VIP Member

hey nautica-what happens when u uninstall this? Does this system set the font back to default?
Old 02-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

since it came in cab form i would assume so, but i wouldnt know personally now that i've been on calibri for so long
Old 02-29-2008, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

oh i thought u tried it since u switched to calibri
Old 02-29-2008, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
i dont have that problem. care to post some screenies of what ur describing?
Ok here is with the font cab installed and without. Screen 1 is with font. Screen 2 is without.

Naut, I used sktools to manually change the font to Segoe and it doesnt take it says in Sktools it is the default font but clearly it isnt. What did ya do to change the default font?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0001.jpg (7.2 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0002.jpg (8.5 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan